Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always worn short-cuff gloves, the kind that end right at the wrist. Just picked up a set of full-length AStars, and just honestly don't know if I'm supposed to put them over my jacket sleeves or under. If under the jacket, I guess it would be easier to put the gloves on first. I thought they would go over the sleeves, but they really bind up and feel like crap that way - way more comfortable under the sleeves. But then I worry about wind creeping up my sleeves now that it's starting to cool down.

Either way, these are some uncomfortable motherfuckers - I'm starting to remember why I never wore safety gear before [}:)]

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a new set of A*s SP-1 as well and I wear them outside of my jacket sleeves. Also what I found helped make them much more comfortable was to sit and watch TV and work the leather of the gloves to break them in. I spent about 15 min with each; rolling the fingers and palm, putting them on and working my fingers. Just gotta work them in.

N

·
0 Posts
i wear my alpinestars SP2's over the sleeve. im guessing thats why the are tapered shape at the end. who knows. it looks cooler that way too anyways :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
It depends on what jacket that I have on.. If I have on my leather I put them under, if i have on my mesh or textile jacket I put them over..

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have a set of Joe Rockets. Over the sleaves. Never even considered them under

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have A* sp1's, and I always wear them under the sleeve. I don't even notice the gloves when I'm riding. My jacket has a velcro tab that goes over the zipper, so it prevents the sleeve zipper from opening too.

I feel like the jacket sleeve could slide up my arm more easily if it were under the glove, plus its less comfortable to me that way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
depends on the weather...cold and or rainy...over the sleaves...hot, under the sleaves...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i have icon tarmac V 2.0 and it depends on how far i ride. they are not race gloves, but they are better then mechanics wear gloves lol. i don't have icon jackets or pants, but the gloves are a start. i do keep them over my "normal" leather jacket on the highway to keep it from blowing up like a bubble but i do not in town.

now, when i buy my "select" icon leather jacket when i decide which one i want, will i wear it over or under my gloves time will tell.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i always wear mine over. I never considered under. I guess i just figured if they were sosposed to be under, they would waste the money to put the huge A* on the cuff.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by burtonsbs5114
i always wear mine over. I never considered under. I guess i just figured if they were sosposed to be under, they would waste the money to put the huge A* on the cuff.
Me too, really - but the sleeves on my jacket are stiff, and a little long, and they're jamming my gloves off my hands and kind of off-angle. After a few minutes I end up with the pinky and ring finger having slack in them (which actually gets dangerously in the way as I try to move my fingers around stuff, kind of clumsy,) and the portion between my index and bird finger digging into my hand. I can't decide if my jacket is too long or if my gloves are too big, or maybe both. But with the gauntlet under the sleeves, all the problems float away. It just seems obvious from the look and shape of the glove that they're supposed to go over the sleeve. I ordered another pair of gloves one size smaller, see if that helps any.

·
Powerhungry
37,963 Posts
theres no way in hell i could even try and squeeze a glove under my sleeve.
my sleeves are tight against my wrists.
and theres not much chance of wind coming and in "blowing" up my jacket. guess mine just fits me real good.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Over all the time and not a chance I could fit anything under the sleeves of my suits or jackets. Make sure the gauntlet closes tight though... I had one of mine hook to the bike in a highside a few weeks ago and hung on until I tore the leather in half. Real fluke.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by GuNnErGoD
Your jacket shouldn't be loose enough to fit your glove underneath.. Mine was and now I have the scars to show for it.

It's not really. Well, barely - it's a real PITA. It has those zippers to pull it tight at the ends of the sleeves. I can get the glove under before zipping them, then man-handle the zipper closed. It's a tight fit. The jacket isn't loose enough to balloon or anything, but it's not like spandex-tight without the glove under it.

It ain't easy getting a good jacket fit when you're 5'11" and only weigh 145lbs. A size smaller is too short in the sleeves. I guess maybe I should pick up some heavy stuff to make my arms bigger around or something - but I'm too lazy for that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by zx6rrdan
Over all the time and not a chance I could fit anything under the sleeves of my suits or jackets. Make sure the gauntlet closes tight though... I had one of mine hook to the bike in a highside a few weeks ago and hung on until I tore the leather in half. Real fluke.
The glove doesn't grip your jacket and try to twist it around and stuff? Heck, maybe my jacket is just too loose. Don't know what to do about that, though, I have long, skinny arms.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Gauntlets ALWAYS go OVER the sleeve - they're designed that way to prevent wind & rain from blowing up your arms under your jacket. Wearing them under defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
^^^also in the event of a crash, it will prevent the sleeve from comming up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.