Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bikes stock and the headers are glowing on the free way. I have k&n filter, jumper mod and no cat wtf? :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is normal. On many bikes the headers will glow....it's just most of the time you aren't looking at them [8D]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I've never noticed mine glowing, but of course I've never looked after a long ride..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd have to agree with hoser. You removed the cat which I'm sure is allowing the exhaust to flow better, but at the same time leaned out your fuel mixture. You'll need to rejet. Running lean is bad for engines be in a car or a bike. Running lean is a good way to burn up pistons and valves. I'd get the air fuel mixture checked or put the cat back on and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 1990Scott
I'd have to agree with hoser. You removed the cat which I'm sure is allowing the exhaust to flow better, but at the same time leaned out your fuel mixture. You'll need to rejet. Running lean is bad for engines be in a car or a bike. Running lean is a good way to burn up pistons and valves. I'd get the air fuel mixture checked or put the cat back on and see if the problem goes away.
Ill prob just buy a kit ecu, and I cant re jet ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Wow, i never noticed, but i suppose that explains why the bike temp jums 20 degrees celcius when stopped.

Anyone got pics?? that's look sweet.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Donkey
Wow, i never noticed, but i suppose that explains why the bike temp jums 20 degrees celcius when stopped.

Anyone got pics?? that's look sweet.
your bike also jumps 20 degrees due to know air flow to your radiator or engine causing the coolant to heat up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.