Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first start the bike, the exhaust not is smooth and even, but I notice after riding a bit when I come to a stop the exhaust has a real odd note. Only way I can describe it is "glub glub glub glub glub"

It's an 06 ZZR600 with a D&D can and a K&N filter. no other performance mods.

I don't recall it doing this when I got the bike, just seems to have started in the last couple months

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
are you sure its not popping?

If it is then thats normal with the aftermarket cans its more noticable over stock because the back pressure is being released at once (on slow down) rather than being let out slower as is the case with a stock can. if you really rag it hard and then back off the throttle quickly you notice it more.

If its not the popping then i have no idea what it would be but its probably related.

Russ

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by timberwolfz28
When I first start the bike, the exhaust not is smooth and even, but I notice after riding a bit when I come to a stop the exhaust has a real odd note. Only way I can describe it is "glub glub glub glub glub"

It's an 06 ZZR600 with a D&D can and a K&N filter. no other performance mods.

I don't recall it doing this when I got the bike, just seems to have started in the last couple months
Hey man how's it going.

My 06 ZZR600 does the same thing when I first start it up. I have a Yoshimura RS-3 , K&N airfilter and shimmed carb needles. I guess its the norm. What's your idle rpm's at after the bike has warmed up to operating temp? It should be around 1300 rpm's. Jay

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does it at idle, so it's not the decel popping. And my idle speed is about 1200-1300 when warm I think.

I don't think it's condensation, it's not a water sound. its more like a cam lope or something. Maybe I'll take an audio file and post it up

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
That's what they do.

It's mostly to do with the carb balance, I think. My '95 ZX-6R only ever stopped doing it once (after a particularly good carb balancing job), and that was only for about 500km.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine is a little missy til a few revs,but I put that down to plugs,and I think that when an aftermarket pipe is fitted,the bike runs a little extra rich,so choke is not needed for too long.When it is warm,its pretty crisp.On a totally different subject,Deathace,R U off to Donny next week?I aint taking the bike,but going with the lads for a laugh.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Welsh: I had planned to but work is busy as hell at the moment and im off again in the morning for who knows how long :( I will be watching it on tele as a consolation prize but im going to book next years off so i can garauntee to get there. I was lucky to be off the platform for BSB but alas no such luck this time.

Russ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool...then I won't worry about it. Bike runs great otherwise, so I didn't put too much concernt into it, but thought I would ask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.