Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up all. I am looking to get a new helmet but budget is tight right now. I found this line of helmets that are in my price range, but I have never heard of them. GMAX. I know they are DOT approved, is that good enough to make it a safe helmet? any comments how it would compare to the more expensive helmets?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i wouldnt get it. is $150 to much to spend on somthing that saves your life?

·
Registered
333 Posts
You can get a really nice Shoei RF-1000 for $282 from helmetshop.com

Price is adjusted after you buy.

Since you are in Orlando, you can ride over here to Daytona where their store is and buy it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is an argument thread! Personally, get what you can afford right now , then treat yourself to what ever you feel is top quality when you can. Debating about helmets is similar to who has the best oil or tires ? I remember reading one of the magazines a while back with them stating that Z1R's lower price DOT rated helmet beat out some the best according to their study. Just my 2 cents :)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah. that is pretty much what I figured. I know that the more expensive helmets are safer to some extent. I just didn't want to pay for a name. I guess I will go with an HJC or something for now, and then I'll splurge on my Arai:D....thanks for the feedback guys...if you want to continue, please do...I will let you know which helmet I go with

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by helo-pilot
in the end any helmet is better than no helmet
True...the shades only protect me from the sun[8D]

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
for now i have an HJC. it is ok. i cant complain. but i would like to save up and get somthing a lot nicer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Scorpion EXO 400 is definitely the way to go if you're on a budget. I have two of them, and they are great helmets for the price. I got the first one for free when I bought the bike and liked it so much I went back to the dealer and bought a second one for $139.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the feedback everyone, went with a Vega until i can afford the Shoei...or maybe an Arai...thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.