Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how many people have gone down really bad and still ride? A little over a week ago I was involved in a bad accident that was 100% not my fault and there is literally not anything on my bike thats still good..The front end got smashed all the way to the key and even the key peice is bent to the point the key wont come out. The back end is basically gone to the driver seat from doing flips down the road literally like i said nothing left. I went to the trauma unit after being thrown over the car.. My injuries are road rash broken left arm, broken right wrist, seperated shoulder, 2 bruised ribs, broken left ankle, and had concussion....
I was just wondering how many people go down bad loose their bike and get another..also what happen in the accident was it your fault??

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,975 Posts
Damn dude, sorry 'bout your get off. I went down once at the track. My R1 was totalled but I walked away with only a bit of a concussion. I felt a little punch drunk for about a week. I low-sided and it was all my fault. I had my 636 in less than 2 weeks. I was not gun shy about riding on the street but I got a little uptight going back to the track. I just had to tell myself the accident happened because I did something I shouldn't have and that I normally don't do so if I just do what I was doing before it happened, all will be good and it has been. Not sure how I'd be if I had gotten hurt though. Hope you heal up quick.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Got rear ended at a red light by a taxi 7 months ago. Broken lower left leg, with a rod installed in the tibia. Two big skin graphs on the lower leg too, which they had to cut open to relieve swelling. Broken right thumb, broken jaw, which was wired for 7 weeks.

Bought my new bike 3 weeks ago, I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
get back on if its what you want and love. if you no longer want to do let anyone make you get back on.

if that happpened to me as long as i could ride i would

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Just think how many people get into really bad car accidents and still drive. Hundreds if not thousands of times more than bikes do, the reallity of the situation is do you have the courage to ride again or not. Its personal, me i dont think i could ever give it up, ive been ran of the road at 80mph before and and dropped it. Bike was smashed scared the shit out of me and the first time i rode a bike again i was real hesistant. Fact of the matter is I thought about dying on a bike after that happened but after sometime i come to the conclusion that IF it does happen and that is the case at least i die doing something i really love to do. If you keep your wits about you, dont ride over your head, and always wear your gear you should iive a long life!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It was all I could do to not ride for 2.5 months until my leg was healed enough to support the weight of the bike.

Now I ride the same road without worries, and even when I ride through the turn that got me, I have no more fears.

It took longer to break through the mental block than it did to physically heal my bones.

My wreck was 100% my fault too, but I have forgiven myself.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I went down hard in April 05' and was pretty much in bed for two months. Before I could even sit on a bike I bought my 636 in June 05'.

·
Registered
62 Posts
get back in it , i broke my rt. arm ,collar bone ,jaw,&3 ribs on my halfpipe in my own yard when i was in the hospital i said i'd never ride again but when all was heald & physical therapy was over what was i doing back out on the ramp not to metion all of my motocross
accidents including 4 concusions but fortunatly ive havent been down on the street yet

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went down bad like 6 years ago. Totalled my bike, and ended up in the hospital for 4 days not being able to hold food down due to a severe concussion (no helmet) and having rocks and gravel removed from half my body. Didn't saddle up for 3 years but feel more comfortable now than ever.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Truck pulled out in front of me, with my 10 year old Daughter on the back. Happened July 25th, 2004. Thank God, NOTHING happened to her. Me? Broken neck, T1, T2, broken scapula, clavicle, 4 broken toes, 10 busted ribs, 2 puntured lungs, lacerated kidney, liver, and spleen, and a broken pinky. 2 months in the hospital, out of work for a year. Happened on my new GSX-R 600. 6 months after accident, I got my Ninja, so something good came of it. Nothing I could do to avoid it. I've been riding since I was 8, and the guy pulled across 2 lanes of traffic at the very last second. As for my daughter on the back? She never rides with me, just happened to want to go to the Mall with me to get some stickers..........

I posted this yesterday. 100% his fault. I got my new bike 6 months after this accident, and, I still do 100mph stand ups. Didn't phase me..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.