Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway, we have a spot to stunt legally, I've been working on my wheelies on the DRZ400SM, and just so happen to be on the Ninja today, so I'm taking it to the lot... it's completely stock except the snorkel that's removed... It will wheelie, I'll throw a couple stand ups at it, and see if I can get some pics of it. The DRZ is EASY to wheelie, while the ninja takes a bit more effort. I'll report back in a couple days.

I went to the Moto GP in Indy and watched Chris Pfeifer work his antigravity skills... Pretty amazing... So now I'm a little more motivated to learn a couple more things. I figured I'd see what kind of flames I get...

·
Registered
68 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you? How dare you use your bike to do what you like. Don't you know this bike is only made for carving canyons and running on the track? I'm sure someone will chime and let you know the dangers of stuntin especially without gear on because there's no way you could know without someone here telling you. This is no way to get rep points squid. I tell ya, some people's kids:rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
geez people and their crazy antics... go get a real bike and do some straightaways! **Sarcasm**

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wear my gear, all the time. I've seen several guys go down, even with "some" gear (gloves, helmets, and a T-shirt), and didn't like the results.

I'm actually surprised with the littlest ninja. Once you get over the -wait for 3 sendonds with clutch in while you wait for it to rev up- situation it actually wheelies very nicely. I would say that it's easier to balance than the DRZSM and has a way larger RPM window to ride it out. The 250 comes down hard though as once you shut the throttle, or feather the rear brake and the front start to come back down even full throttle won't hardly slow the descent... Stand ups are a little awkward as well, but I've never done very many on anything other than the DRZ, which is super easy. It takes a good amount of pull at the bars, lot's of clutch and when you stand up you're quite a ways from the 250. I'm going to have to work on those a bit more...

Sorry no pics either, the wife couldn't make it out, and no one else from the club had a camera with them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts