Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the model# of the relay used to make the signals blink at the same speed again? I'm pretty sure its just a regular 2 prong relay. But when I went to pepboys there were a bazillion to choose from.
The good news is that its only $5.00
As compared to the rip off prices I've seen that go over $50

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You have probably reversed the polarity on your signals when you installed them. When I first set up my lights they blinked way too fast, but I reversed the wiring and everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Fast blinking on bikes and cars signifies either a burnt out bulb somewhere or a wiring error. Like sh1n5 mentioned, you probably have a wire reversed. I would retrace your wiring mods.

When I was wiring my rear short stalks and went to test them I'd get a fast blink if the wires were crossed or both were not hooked up. I think it's a great built in safety feature to make sure you got your wiring right.

So Tommy I don't think you should go the relay route. Just fix whatever wire/bulb you have a problem with and they fast blink will go away and everythign will blink normal.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have LED bulbs not the normal 21w or 23watt bulbs. LEDs have always made the sinals blink faster.
BUT....if anyone hooked up LED signals on their '03 and they didnt blink fast I would love to know about that.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yes, different capacity bulbs make the system think there is "no bulb there" and they blink faster...so you need a relay. LED bulbs do this as well as some other aftermarket "regular" blubs. I'd call up www.graphicartmotodesign.com and ask them what their's is and then go buy the one from pepboys :) They also sell them online for about 5 bucks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You need a solid state 2 prong relay. They usually cost about $10. You will either have to cut the wiring harness or make a little jumper adapter. It doesn't matter which way you hook it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't think that the wiring is wrong. I first put on the flushmount v's on the front, they were blinking at normal speed. I week or so later I decided to put the lp flushmount v's on the rear as blinkers, now when i finished installing these all the blinkers started to flash faster, I even reversed the wiring to make sure I didn't mistake the + for - and vice versa. This still did not solve the problem. I think a relay will be the thing left to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.