Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold my first bike which was a 97 Honda CBR F3 and am now in the process of buying a new zx6r. I know there are a ton of posts on OTD prices of what people paid for their bikes and I have read those but I still have another question. The dealer that I am going to tonight has a new matte blue 06 for $7999. The fake fees will probalby run around $400. What do you guys think I should be able to get this one for? When I spoke with them before, they said just bring your out the door price and we will see what we can do. Where should I start at with the OTD price? Any help or tips that you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tell them $7999 OTD. i dont know about pennsylvania, but in cali that's extremly cheap. i purchased mine at $8475 OTD, so if you can get it at $7999 OTD i think that would be a nice price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
first off good choice on your bike selection, last year with the 636, I would say try $7,500 OTD OR At least ask for them to throw in some other perks, like helmets, jacket, bike cover, frame sliders. etc.. get the most for less.. :D

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
7999$ is not a bad price, i paid something like $8800 but the RR's are higher anyway. i've never bought a new bike that didn't come with a free helmet so i wouldn't let him talk up a free helmet. try for a jacket and gloves also. i bought a bike late in the year once and $400 was all they would nock off. wich is not bad. i've heard of people on here having extra fee's on top of sticker price. i've bought 5 new bikes and paid the tag price or lower with no extra fee's.

start with $7700 and the dealer take care of the fee's, with a helmet and maybe a jacket and gloves or atleast a discount.

O-yea, welcome to the site :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just purchased my bike Saturday, 10-7-06. OTD price was $7445. But I had to buy my own helmet. :-( Add about another $200. This is actually my first bike purchase, but I've ridden my friend's bikes before. That's how I got my practice.:D So far these forums have been very informative. Also I happened to find the manual for the 05-06 ZX6R on some other forums.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by frankrizzo442
I just purchased my bike Saturday, 10-7-06. OTD price was $7445. But I had to buy my own helmet. :-( Add about another $200. This is actually my first bike purchase, but I've ridden my friend's bikes before. That's how I got my practice.:D So far these forums have been very informative. Also I happened to find the manual for the 05-06 ZX6R on some other forums.
GOOD PRICE FOR THE BIKE, THEY SHOULD HAVE THROWN IN A HELMET..

WHERE ABOUTS DO YOU STAY?

I HAVE A HOUSE OFF OF GILLETTE AND NAGEL...

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I heard of some places offering $7500 OTD on the '06s to make room for the 07s and because riding season is "over"

·
Registered
759 Posts
$7999 out the door (including all fees, PA sales tax, title xfer, etc) would be reasonable. The title, tax and plate is about $600 (if not a wee bit more), so they'd be selling the bike for $7400 which is pretty close to dealer cost. They'll still make the 5% holdback on MSRP (which Kawi pays them every 6 months).

You might want to spend the $15 or so and get a dealer price report from www.CycleBuy.com. It will tell you what dealer cost is, what they pay for freight, what they get PAID for setup and if there are any factory to dealer incentives going. Last year, there was $1000 factory-to-dealer on the ZX-10R to help push stock to make room for the new model. There might be something like that cooking on the 6R since there's a new '07 looming...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, they didn't get anywhere near where i wanted them to be so I decided to hold off. I'm in no rush to buy a bike since winter is coming up now. The price of the bike was $7999 plus $450 for prep and all the bs stuff. First thing I said was $7500 out the door and they basically said no way, it cost us more than that. Then I asked them if they could do the asking price of $7999 OTD and that wasnt going to well. All they were willing to do was take about $200 off of the prep, which would have been about $8800 after taxes. Just for fun I was like, how about you just get rid of the $450 prep charge. Another guy came over and was like, I need to call the owner and see if he would do that but I first have to know if you are going to do the paper work tonight if we make this deal. Price would have been about $8600. I told them that I could find it cheaper and I was going to look around.

The funny thing is, I told them that I saw the same bike advertised on cycletrader for $7699. They had a hard time believing that so I used their pc and found the add. They called the dealer which is further away but they were closed. They wanted to find out what their prep charges were figuring they might be more expensive to cover the difference of their lower price. They said they have no idea how they could offer it that low because thats less than they pay for it. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out.

Part of me is even thinking about buying a used one and just offering someone cash to get a good deal. It always seems to work better.

Even though I'm going through bike withdrawl, I can hold out for a good deal.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thats exactly the right attitude to have with the salesmen. you WANT a bike you don't NEED one. shop around, you find a good deal eventually.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Pittsburgh here too. Play one dealership against the other. Keep calling and lowballing them. You shouldn't have a problem getting it for $8K otd. There's a couple of places in the North Hills that should feel especially kind and giving this time of the year, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have herd dealer cost is $7,400 on the 636. They always try to hit you with other fees like: documentation, taxes, shipping, assembly etc. I wouldn't pay more than $8,200 OTD.

I'll pick up a cycletrader magazine tonight and see what Arizona's OTD prices are now on the 06, 636. last i checked, two weeks ago it was $8,300. At least this gives people in other States an idea.

·
Registered
759 Posts
FWIW, I bought my 636 last October at J&J Sales in Port Huron, Ohio (near Cedar Point). $7299 + $330 prep + a couple bucks for a temporary Ohio plate (30 days) so that I could ride it home. I found them on CycleTrader.com. It was an enjoyable, no hassle exprience. Highly recommendly. Wife and I drove there on a Saturday morning, did the bike deal in the early afternoon, spent the night up there (her parents have a cottage there), and I rode home the next day. I could have ridden home that night (about 225 miles).

I had to pay PA Sales tax plus the usual title and plate fees at the local T-plate store when I went to register the bike in PA.

http://www.powersports360.com

EDIT: I just visited their site. They are asking for $7799 for a 2006, but only $7199 for a 2005. I bet they have some leftovers still in the crate. Worth a call.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
if you take up enough of their time, they start to weaken and give in......my roommate just got his for 8600 OTD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, I called up a place that is about 1 hour 45 minutes from where I live to see if they had any bikes. They had 2 new ones, one being black and it was priced at $7699, $200 prep, plus taxes. Without dealing, this makes the OTD price about $8400. He also mentioned that he had a used 2006 Special Edition with only 1700 miles and it was in perfect condition. They were asking $6400 for this one. That price seems good for the used SE but it's not my first pick color-wise. Now I'm just wondering if I should hold out for the exact one I want or sacrifice a little and get one at a good price. Decisions.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.