Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats sup guys I just decided with my boy that we are going to the tail of the dragon in NC this weekend. Im very excited since im all about the twisties and that is a paradise and one of the top motorcycle roads in the country if not the world. So is anyone else going this weekend that is familiar with all the roads since I heard there is more then the famous 318 curves in 11miles?? And also Im renting an econline e150 cargo van, can I fit bikes in it side by side??(I sure hope so) I should get there sat late night, so ill be riding all saturday and hopefully most of the sunday. Any suggestions or advice from people that went there already???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Take it easy. It is still a public road with animals, dirt, cars ect. There is no need to go more than 45mph on that road. If you like to take turns fast, just hold your speed.

I can't wait to go back next summer! Have fun!

·
Registered
483 Posts
+1, take it easy. Most weekends are a madhouse, so ride your own ride and try to have a good time. If you have time, go hit up the Skyway too. Not as technical as the Gap, but still fun. Again, take it easy and have fun. No need to drive all the way down here to end up banged up or dead.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check out tailofthedragon.com I know there was some construction going on on the North Carolina side. Be sure and ride Foothills Parkway between Gatlinburg and 129 there is very little traffic and the views are perfect!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Careful on the Foothills Parkway. Rangers have been cracking down lately. It's a federal ticket and possibly a ride to jail.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Careful on the Foothills Parkway. Rangers have been cracking down lately. It's a federal ticket and possibly a ride to jail.
Really, I guess you have to be going well over the speed limit and doing some stunts to get that. Is that on the TN side or NC?

·
Registered
483 Posts
TN side. Too many f'ing idiots going double the limit and scaring the tourists have got them cracking down pretty tight. Speed limit is 25 in one place near the fire tower. I got a warning about a month ago and a riding buddy was told that they're close to zero tolerance and that anyone over the limit or stunting would get the max fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by MICK636
TN side. Too many f'ing idiots going double the limit and scaring the tourists have got them cracking down pretty tight. Speed limit is 25 in one place near the fire tower. I got a warning about a month ago and a riding buddy was told that they're close to zero tolerance and that anyone over the limit or stunting would get the max fine.
Ya when you get on the Parkway you'll see how its easy to open it up..I've only ridden it during the week when the tourist traffic is light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.