Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to the Richmond area, was in Danville for business, and stayed at the Holiday Inn express. I come out in the morning Thursday and a bunch of Monster team members were in the lobby and parking lot. I chatted enough to actually find out VIR was right up the road, I had no clue (which must be why they looked at me funny)! I never did ask if they were with Jamie or Roger, DUH!!

Anyway, what is the best way to enjoy the track? 3 hour ride from my house, so probably not going to take the bike (unless I get special VIP treatment!). Should I sit in the stands? Is there a particular corner that is better to watch at? What should I take with me?

I'm soooo excited!

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
I take it they are running on the North Circuit? If so, there is an area you can sit and watch them coming down the front straight. I think you may lose visibility of turn one but then they come right by you in 2, 3, & 4 I believe. At least during track days you can sit there. Or you could go to the corkscrew (my name for it). It's the last set of turns before the straight. It's a downhill right, left, right. Awesome to pass people in it.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
You guys missed an incredible race weekend! Still sore, a little sunburnt, but still excited :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
they were some great races, mladin is pretty fucking good on that track, that pass on hayden & spies in the 2nd race was fucking sweet, i was glad to see hayes pull one out too, he cracks me up & he's actually my fave supersport next to herrin (gotta give props to the youngen he can fucking ride)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Zemke is my favorite SS rider. He seems to be so chill.

--David

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Zemke is my favorite SS rider. He seems to be so chill.

--David
Jake is pretty cool, actually met him in person, i wish he would get a bit more aggressive because i'm sure he'd be #1 on that podium for sure, although bostrom is pretty tough right now i still think zemke would pull it out

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I just wish Jamie Hacking would have a good weekend honestly... He's far too experienced and talented to not be on the podium. They're all great, but I want to see more green on the podium. Much respect to Mladin though because he's set all sort of new records at VIR, and no one can deny his natural ability.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I just wish Jamie Hacking would have a good weekend honestly... He's far too experienced and talented to not be on the podium. They're all great, but I want to see more green on the podium. Much respect to Mladin though because he's set all sort of new records at VIR, and no one can deny his natural ability.
hacking is very good, he usually just has one mistake that fucks him for the rest of the race & thats not hard considering Spies & Mladin are running almost perfect races these days (well Mladin anyhow) shit Spies is one of the fastest if not the fastest & usually gets the poll & he had ONE bobble of the ass end & the race was over

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a BLAST at my first AMA event!!!!! The ride back was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thanks for letting me roll with you Adam! We're doing it again next year!!!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Glad you went Chris! Next year for sure! Every year.

I'll have a suite next year though :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts