Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

**Gold Gilles** rearsets...installed

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  navyrider 
#1 ·
installed them yesterday finally after having them sitting in the box for like 4 days. well it's the first time i ever rode a bike with an aftermarket rearset. night and day with the posistion and shifting feel especially since my last rearsets had a cracked peg on the left side for about 3 months lol. what do you think?

See less See more
#5 ·
got them at a honda dealer in town. (my friend works the part counter.)

#9 ·
That looks sweeeeeeet. One question though , to anybody that knows , on aftermarket rearsets like that , I know they're adjustable , but are they adjustable only " up " as in higher than stock pegs ? Or are they adjustable to both above and below stock pegs height ?

#13 ·
thx for all the nice replies... ya i was pretty stoked when i got them in especially since i started doing track days and my peg was cracked.

That looks sweeeeeeet. One question though , to anybody that knows , on aftermarket rearsets like that , I know they're adjustable , but are they adjustable only " up " as in higher than stock pegs ? Or are they adjustable to both above and below stock pegs height ?
install took about 45mins... then it took me another 1.5hrs messing around with my settings just to get it the way i like it.

32 settings for the foot peg location. they move in these directions
^ and down, < > left and right, \ / diagnal, brake sensitivity, shifter rod throw distance, and yada yada...

i paid a little under 400 for the set. not too much mark up in them so i couldn't get hooked up that much unfortunetly ;) still happy with them tho. they look much better in person. pics do no justice.

#15 ·
^ ha i know exactly how you feel. i was riding around on a cracked peg for almost 4 months or so maybe even more. funny how you end up spending hella money on parts and finding out you still need more stuff. i still need to get a dampner(experience mild>midium headshake around 2x's on every ride now), shorty levers, duno how many track days i can get outta my qualifiers but i think one more... so new tires and the list go's on and on

#17 ·
I must say your bike is very nice,
one of the best looking bikes by far, i rank it up there with my
RAW TI bike.

I went with ARATA rearsets and they truly make the stock setup feel cheap...enjoy the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.