Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently involved in an accident. On my way to work I was rear ended at a stoplight by an 85 camaro. I was in the fast lane waiting for the light to change. The turning lane started to move, the guy behind me ( on his cell phone ) saw movement and thought that our lane was moving so he took his foot off of the brake and hit me at idle speed. He broke off the bottom three inches of my mudflap. After we pulled to the side and I finished my venting I saw no other damage to my bike. Since I was planning on getting rid of the mud flap any ways, I asked him if he wanted to get the police and insurance involved or if he wanted to pay me out in cash. Suprisingly he came up with $122, and I even made it to work on time. Probably the only good traffic accident I will ever Have.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hopefully that was the only damage...

Mass combined with momentum is still quite a powerful force.. for those of you who took physics.

Glad it went alright, i hope everything on the bike is intact.

·
Registered
171 Posts
lol just to clarify momentum is velocity x mass - mass doesn't really combine with momentum as the momentum force with respect to time encompasses mass.

lol sorry years of this stuff beaten into your head getting your engineering degree and it doesn't go away so easily

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall..."Ok, look how much money you got?" As the dude is emptying his pockets and ashtray of change. What if he didn't have $122 bucks...would you have taken his watch? wedding ring? What other items of value did you spy?
Not to stereotype, but I was kinda surprised a guy in an 85 Camaro had $122 in cash...If I'd a hit you, I seldom have more than $20 cash...guess you'd been eyeballing my watch...
Good story. Glad it worked out!

·
Registered
182 Posts
lol never heard people would pay you to do a fender elimination... o_O
but yea if i were you i'd check the bolts and rear suspension. those could be potentially dmged and even tho it is un noticeable by looking, high speed may prove otherwise.

get that shit checked!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was surprised the guy came up with the cash, I told him it was going to cost 150. If I had to I would have got the police and insurance involved. I also would have been willing to follow him to an ATM. And I will take a closer look at the chain tensioner, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just checked the chain, the adjusters look good and the chain slack is 1.5 inches. The book says slack should be 1.2-1.6 inches. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
just another tip next time you get ramed pretent that your in pain, you might earn money for a exhaust there... hahah JK!
Karma! next time may involve pain! not a joking matter. Glad it worked out for the best this time for someone. it rarely does though!:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good stuff! The OEM rear fender is hideous anyways!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, as soon as I got to work and told another biker what had happened he said he would have been rolling on the ground in agonizing pain LOL. I was so upset that someone had just hit my new bike that I wasn't thinking along the lines of maximum profit. Also from the looks of the car I was half way expecting that he didn't even have insurance, much less a pocket full of money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts