Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
boots? why do you need boots for the street. i'm not braggin but i get alot of compliments on my retro reproduction 89 pro wings. purple with the yellow stripes of course.........PIMPIN

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes there are but you can try them on in the store but the sale is online only

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have the SMX plus boots and love them. They will nicely fit under some boot cut jeans so as not to stand out too much on the street. That is a great price for those boots though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How do these boots compare to Sidi Vertigo Airs? I mostly do street riding, but next year I'm going to have more time and go to the track. Which boot would be more suitable? I'm also on a budget.

Like said before, how's the sizing on these? run big or small?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they run the same size as sneakers, same as the sneakers i waer everday size 12

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've got a set of Alpinestars Smx-3's and they have amazing feel to ride with and good comfort for walking. Protection wise IMHO they look to offer great protection and taking the boot in your hands and trying to flex it directions you wouldn't want your foot to go (ankle rotation, back flex, side flex) they provide a lot of support which some don't think they have due to the lack of visible external bracing.

I came close to a highside and saved it but foot hit the ground and kicked up and caught the peg of my Sato racing rearsets hard enough I bent the solid peg with my foot and no damage to the foot other than a small bruise. Highsided as well in the boots with foot hitting the ground and protected great from the impact and the slide. Here's a vid of the highside... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT_PTuR15n4

Here's a second angle of how not to take that corner... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFbz6NmQNco&mode=related&search=

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.