Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am thinking about selling my '08 250R. It is black and has 700 miles, LoJack, factory warranty, dealer warranty and free service for a year. If this were your bike, what would you ask for it? It is all stock except for bikelitez no cut fender eliminator.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I would list it at 4k.

obo or firm depending on your situation.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would list it at at LEAST 4k. If someone buys it, great, if notone does, lower it a bit.

Right after I got mine, I almost had to sell it, though I really didn't want to. I listed it high on craigslist to give my self some time to think about it. I listed it at 4700 and I had about 10 people call within a week....I had only paid 4100 for the bike.

Now I didn't end up selling, but I had plenty of interest in it. Some people say it's wrong, but whatever, life isn't fair. If someone is willing to pay 10,000 for the bike, TAKE IT.

List it for as much as you think you can get and go down from there. I think your deciding factor will be how much time you have to sell it in. Price it high and play the waiting game and enjoy it in the meantime, or price it low and sell it quick. All depends on your time.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I would list it at at LEAST 4k. If someone buys it, great, if notone does, lower it a bit.

Right after I got mine, I almost had to sell it, though I really didn't want to. I listed it high on craigslist to give my self some time to think about it. I listed it at 4700 and I had about 10 people call within a week....I had only paid 4100 for the bike.

Now I didn't end up selling, but I had plenty of interest in it. Some people say it's wrong, but whatever, life isn't fair. If someone is willing to pay 10,000 for the bike, TAKE IT.

List it for as much as you think you can get and go down from there. I think your deciding factor will be how much time you have to sell it in. Price it high and play the waiting game and enjoy it in the meantime, or price it low and sell it quick. All depends on your time.

Its defiantly fair.If someone wants to pay a lot for it let them.Supply and demand.Its not like people are holding guns to other peoples heads and telling them to buy bikes.Totally agree with you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sell it quick, it's getting cold up north and the real 09s are in transit.
In about three weeks, the used market will 3500 or less.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sigh. Where you were when I was looking for a black one? I had to go all the way to Illinois from Texas... :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sell it quick, it's getting cold up north and the real 09s are in transit.
In about three weeks, the used market will 3500 or less.
Highly doubt it. Most of the 09's will be going for 5000+. There are those that will get them for 4500 or so, but the vast majority will be around 5000. Given no differences in the 09's (aside form maybe some slight color changes)

I think putting an 08 up with only 700 miles on it, plus an extended warranty and Lojack would easily bring over 4k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts