Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my mom is lookin at gettin a bike and asked my opinion of what she should get so i figured i'd ask th forum...she's only 5'2" but wants a 600...any opnions on the zzr600? my 06 636 is way too tall for her she can't even touch when the bike is off the kickstand

·
Registered
139 Posts
What experience does she have?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm 5"2 and 100lbs. My boyfriend has an 02 ZX6R (ZZR600 pretty much) and it's lower than my 03/04 ZX6R but not considerably. I can touch tippie toes on one side and that's enough for me. It depends on your mums confidence and experience. She should be fine as long as she's comfortable. You might want to look at the Ninja 650 (I also own an ER6n which is the same but naked) and it's seat height is at a very comfortable height for my size. Still can't get both feet down but it's a lot better than the aggressive position of the ZX6R's. She'd also find the Ninja 650 more comfortable. If your mum is a total n00b it's probably best for her to start on a 250. Especially if she's a nervous rider. Good luck :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my little bro's 250 occasionally that bout it

·
Registered
139 Posts
my little bro's 250 occasionally that bout it
If she were my mom step one would be to take the MSF course. Depending upon where you live there may still be some courses being held before the snow flys.

Then I'd have her ride your brothers 250 for a while and she how she is feeling about the whole thing. Now your brother may not think that would be too cool but she can always pull the mom card on him for awhile. :)

Regardless of what she does, gear, gear, gear. Helmet, jacket, gloves, and some high-top boots as a minimum and give some serious though to the pants.

When someone asks what did you do this weekend I think it would be great to say "my mom and I went on a ride for awhile".

Have fun and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The latest ZZR is actually a pretty big-feeling bike for a 600. Plenty of room to strech out and good ergonomics for a big guy, but it might be way too big for your 5'2" mother. She'd probably be better off size-wise with an R6 or any of the other compact 600 race replica types, if she can stand the crouched riding position. For someone her size though, a 250R would be a lot more comfortable. Anyone with that short of an inseam is going to have trouble stradling any bike and a low seat height is a must.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm 5"2 and 100lbs. My boyfriend has an 02 ZX6R (ZZR600 pretty much) and it's lower than my 03/04 ZX6R but not considerably. I can touch tippie toes on one side and that's enough for me. It depends on your mums confidence and experience. She should be fine as long as she's comfortable. You might want to look at the Ninja 650 (I also own an ER6n which is the same but naked) and it's seat height is at a very comfortable height for my size. Still can't get both feet down but it's a lot better than the aggressive position of the ZX6R's. She'd also find the Ninja 650 more comfortable. If your mum is a total n00b it's probably best for her to start on a 250. Especially if she's a nervous rider. Good luck :D
If she were my mom step one would be to take the MSF course. Depending upon where you live there may still be some courses being held before the snow flys.

Then I'd have her ride your brothers 250 for a while and she how she is feeling about the whole thing. Now your brother may not think that would be too cool but she can always pull the mom card on him for awhile. :)

Regardless of what she does, gear, gear, gear. Helmet, jacket, gloves, and some high-top boots as a minimum and give some serious though to the pants.

When someone asks what did you do this weekend I think it would be great to say "my mom and I went on a ride for awhile".

Have fun and keep us posted.
+1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i'll pass ur opinions along...its probably gonna be spring before she gets a bike...mine is already started gettin torn down for the winter...6 foot drifts all over town and way too much gravel on the roads especially in the hills

1 - 10 of 10 Posts