Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's what i've got. Bought and paid for 1989 Kawi Ninja ZX-7. First year made. Used, not working (carb / cylinder issues) some roadrash from multipul previous owners. 70,583 klicks on it. Paid $750 canadian, then took it to a guy who also works at a dealership and fixed it for $200. Pretty reasonable and now runs great. Repairing fibreglass myself with uncle's help as he used to be a body man. $950 paid overall.

Here's my question: Good buy or not??
Pics:

EDIT: Shit! as soon a I posted it hit me to post in the ZX-7 forum... Mods please move!!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know it's not a looker!
But not bad for $950..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also thinking of changing paint scheme.
Any Ideas? Shit brown, Bliss?? lol

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If I were to change the paint on that thing I’d probably make it some sort of WW2 bomber paint scheme with a pinup girl and stuff. Make it look like there were all sorts of rivets holding the ferings on, give it a name like "big bertha" that sort of thing. You have a lot of real-estate to work with on that bike so you could do some pretty fun things with paint.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Shit that sounds awesome! I wish I could work photoshop...

EDIT: Anyone notice in pic #2 the antifreeze container looks blurred?? Stock photo though...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good buy, but you need to spend a few more clams on a new rear tire for sure! That thing is really squared off. I can't imagine that it handles very well. The chicken strips are at least an inch and a half wide. A new rear tires would do wonders for that bike IMHO.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
The price seems okay, but the determining factor for me would be availability of parts.

--David

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good buy, but you need to spend a few more clams on a new rear tire for sure! That thing is really squared off. I can't imagine that it handles very well. The chicken strips are at least an inch and a half wide. A new rear tires would do wonders for that bike IMHO.
Haha yeah, plus I found out the front tire isn't street legal anymore so to speak and i'll need a new one to make it insureable?

The price seems okay, but the determining factor for me would be availability of parts.

--David
Definately. I had to get alot of parts from a junkyard in Moncton... But have found a site that sells any and all parts to the bike. haven't ordered anything from them yet? Are they reputable?
http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/9/Kawasaki.aspx

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, anyone have photoshop and some free time on thier hands?
I can't figure out the damn thing and would like some different paint schemes done up.
Reps is about all I can give ya though...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Even though you are Canadian, you have just helped me out big time. Thanks for the babbittsonline store. WOW!! Everything I need!!

--David

P.S. You're still Canadian though...... :(

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMAO!!

Don't worry I won't take offense, yankee...:rolleyes:
BTW how many burgers on average can you stuff into that big ol' gut of yours? lol:p

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And that should def. help out with the project avenger!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
LMAO!!

Don't worry I won't take offense, yankee...:rolleyes:
BTW how many burgers on average can you stuff into that big ol' gut of yours? lol:p
First, I am a Phillies fan. I hate the Yankees.

Second, I would never disrespect burgers by force feeding myself.

Third, You are still canadian. <--This time I didn't even give you the respect of a capital letter.

Mwah hah haaa!!

--David

Reactions: Kurosaki

·
Powerhungry
38,381 Posts
First, I am a Phillies fan. I hate the Yankees.

Second, I would never disrespect burgers by force feeding myself.

Third, You are still canadian. <--This time I didn't even give you the respect of a capital letter.

Mwah hah haaa!!

--David
:Laughing rolling:
bong?:D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, and after all I did for you...
Well what do you expect, the muder rate in philly is almost as high as thier blood pressure (Both from eating too many burgers and the fact that the phillies haven't won a leauge championship 15 in years, and a World series title in 28...)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts