Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
If it hasn't been down then it is a pretty good deal, I'd probably go for it. Ask him how he has broken it in, the way he rode it will have some effect on how it performs. Of course, if it is your first bike the small amount of difference probably won't matter anyway, I'd go for it!

The only thing that a Gixxer hurts is my soul!

·
Registered
201 Posts
No it's not been down. He seems to me to be kinda afraid of it from how he talks. Def. don't seem like the type the does wheelies or stoppies,etc. He says he took to the dealer at 500 miles and 1200 miles to have the oil change, etc by the dealer.

No, I haven't checked the blue book price! I don't feel those are accurate.

my website:
www.corvetteforum.net/c4/snakecharmer

·
Registered
201 Posts
Money hasn't exchanged hands but I would like to hear from someone that knows more then me. I found a 02 zx6r green/black with 1700 miles in excellent shape. Completely stock! He's asking $5300 so should I jump on it and become part of this board cuz I really want too! This will be my first bike also! thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
530 Posts
If he's afraid of it, I think it's a good opportunity for you to negotiate a lower price. :) Also, check out the dealer prices and if they're the same or lower, then maybe you can persuade the seller to decrease his price. You might also want to check cycletrader.com

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Not a bad deal, but not a great one either.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Offer him $4500 and see if he takes it. Most likely he won't. He probably set the price at $5300, knowing someone would try and negotiate him down and his real target price is probably 5 grand.

So see if you can get it down to some where betwnn $4500 and $5000, maybe like $4750 or something like that.

Also ask if he has some gear he can throw in to sweeten the deal. Use that as a leverage tool also.

-Flash

·
Registered
74 Posts
wow, that would be a great deal for around the DC area. Bikes arent that cheap around here with that little bit of miles. Jump on it. if not I will :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.