Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to buying some stands for my bike. I always work on my bike myself and never had any made every thing a bit harder. Has always been a pain in the ass to lube / adjust the chain and clean the wheels but not anymore!

I searched all over the place and found tons of pricing and opinions. Was going to order up some handy stands which were on sale for $89.99 + shipping but there damn website was down. So off to ebay I went. I found some stands made by a guy in texas called t-rex stands. www.t-rex-racing.com and got the front stand, rear stand, and a set of spools for right around $112 shipped for everything! Of course I searched the forums before ordering them and found good feedback.

They came wednesday and seem to be very sturdy. The arent a one-piece design though, they require 4 bolts in each stand to attach the handle part to the stand part. They slip inside each other though so even without the bolts they would be sturdy. The finish isnt great but its not bad either, for an extra $10 you can upgrade the finish to chrome but i opted to go cheap. The front stand uses the same system that pitbul uses to hold the fork leg, which is pretty idiot proof and sturdy. The rear is adjustable for spools OR has rubber legs to use directly on the swingarm, no extra parts to buy for other bikes!

Anyhow they seem to be worth every penny and I thought I would share the info. You can get both the front and rear stands and a set of spools for the same cost as a rear stand only depending on brand... If your looking check em out...

www.t-rex-racing.com

·
Registered
193 Posts
Too bad you don't live in canada. I got a front/rear set with spools (6, 8 and 10mm)for 79 bucks canadian at "Canadian Tire". The were on sale from $109 for the set. Thats a freaking good deal even if it wasn't on sale.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My checkeredflag motorsports stands came in the other day. There is a group buy on the forum. Anyway, I agree, having stands is really nice. They are almost worth the price just for cleaning your wheels. and I feel like I can actually work on the bike now. If you don't have stands yet, get 'em, they are well worth the money.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by hoser
Well I finally got around to buying some stands for my bike. I always work on my bike myself and never had any made every thing a bit harder. Has always been a pain in the ass to lube / adjust the chain and clean the wheels but not anymore!

I searched all over the place and found tons of pricing and opinions. Was going to order up some handy stands which were on sale for $89.99 + shipping but there damn website was down. So off to ebay I went. I found some stands made by a guy in texas called t-rex stands. www.t-rex-racing.com and got the front stand, rear stand, and a set of spools for right around $112 shipped for everything! Of course I searched the forums before ordering them and found good feedback.

They came wednesday and seem to be very sturdy. The arent a one-piece design though, they require 4 bolts in each stand to attach the handle part to the stand part. They slip inside each other though so even without the bolts they would be sturdy. The finish isnt great but its not bad either, for an extra $10 you can upgrade the finish to chrome but i opted to go cheap. The front stand uses the same system that pitbul uses to hold the fork leg, which is pretty idiot proof and sturdy. The rear is adjustable for spools OR has rubber legs to use directly on the swingarm, no extra parts to buy for other bikes!

Anyhow they seem to be worth every penny and I thought I would share the info. You can get both the front and rear stands and a set of spools for the same cost as a rear stand only depending on brand... If your looking check em out...

www.t-rex-racing.com
Got em ordered how long did it take to get to you?
Front and rear came out to $99, including shipping which seems to the best ive come across, although i didnt shop much lol. I get tired of looking and just settle with it and buy it. Now my wife, that bitch can shop.

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only reason i didnt go with checkered flag (forum sponsor) was because ive heard quite a few people saying it took awhile to get them. im very impatient when it comes to my toys...LOL and these looked as good as anything else that ive seen.

ordered em last thursday and got em on wednesday! i bought mine from ebay actualy, here is the seller http://stores.ebay.com/Delle-Designs

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Good find. I am going to order a set for me :D. I bet he will have a surge of sells because of hoser/this forum.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i gots to get me some (stands that is) cause I never clean the wheels as good as i want, and lubing the chain sucks

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by joonyaboy
i gots to get me some (stands that is) cause I never clean the wheels as good as i want, and lubing the chain sucks
i used the infamous roll the bike forward method for a year... and i honestly neglected my chain just because it was a pain in the ass to clean/lube... i'll save $10 per wheel for every tire change so it probably would have already paid for itself since i got almost 17,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i love my checkered flag motorsports ones... they are VERY hard to beat for the money. Great quality, easy to use, and AWESOME priced. plus they are a forum sponser!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.