Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
omg so jealous and i so agree with u. i might make my roommate buy one and tell me if its true

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you go and click on one and customize it, they come out to like 12k. Even for the zx6r...
You also need to remember that the bikes here in Canada are always more expensive then in the US.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How much tax's and such do you have to pay on stuff up there because it's only like 300 difference in msrp when you figure in the exchange

·
Registered
429 Posts
How much tax's and such do you have to pay on stuff up there because it's only like 300 difference in msrp when you figure in the exchange
Tax here in Ontario is 13%.

·
Registered
143 Posts
12% in bc...I think

also, for us to import a bike from the states, theres RIV fee's, broker fee's, duty, tax..im pretty sure the customs officer charges you for him installing his socks in the morning to come to work. shoes are extra

·
Registered
429 Posts
12% in bc...I think

also, for us to import a bike from the states, theres RIV fee's, broker fee's, duty, tax..im pretty sure the customs officer charges you for him installing his socks in the morning to come to work. shoes are extra
I imported my bike from US this summer and all that I got charged was RIV, GST at the border. Then I paid PST when I registered the bike with the ministry of transportation to get my Ontario plates. I ended up getting my '08 S.E. ZX-6R for 9K USD and the final total was around 10.5 K canadian when everything was all said and done (dealers wanted just below 12K OTD in my area).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Mine came out to under 11 CDN OTD with Ext warranty. Had to go to the mainland to get it though. No one around me could beat that. Sales manager even sent me a couple hats.

Habs

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine came out to under 11 CDN OTD with Ext warranty. Had to go to the mainland to get it though. No one around me could beat that. Sales manager even sent me a couple hats.

Habs
You are lucky as hell. All the dealers in my area and pretty much southern ontario said they will not budge on price and that if I don't like it buy else where (so I did, USA... hahaha).

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is a true and great deal. If you looking for the ME then your going to pay what they want. They are hard to get and not many going to dealers. Like I am talking 3 to 4 max per dealer.

So if you getting one, order it now. The promo is around for until March I am hearing but can't confirm that this any links. It's just what I am "hearing" around the internet and posts.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You are lucky as hell. All the dealers in my area and pretty much southern ontario said they will not budge on price and that if I don't like it buy else where (so I did, USA... hahaha).
Can you tell my gf that? I had a hard time convincing her it was a good deal. Glad I didn't back down and just ignored her and went for it lol.

Habs

·
Registered
429 Posts
Can you tell my gf that? I had a hard time convincing her it was a good deal. Glad I didn't back down and just ignored her and went for it lol.

Habs
LMAO, make her read my post then she'll change her mind about it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought my 07 zx6r for $9,000 OTD at the dealership here in town in May. they were blowing it out for 9800 I think it was and I offered them the 9k. sales manager said its the cheapest he has ever let one of them go for. he also said they only ended up making 70 or 80 bucks proffit on it to lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts