Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,994 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Mhh. I only do street riding. Don't know how practical those would be. Thanks for replying
What he's getting at is the fact those jeans don't have the impact protection regular riding pants have. When I lowsided last october, I started tumbling after the initial contact-slide. Sure, kevlar jeans won't rip (as soon as regular), but you might as well be wearing shorts if you start to roll.

Jeff, are you related to Jim in Texas?

Reactions: ShamRock229

· Registered
5,994 Posts
If you fall off the bike going just 10 mph, you will be in much better shape afterwards with armor on your knees, shins and elbows. I have heard of people falling over while stopped at a stoplight and dying from a head injury because they had no helmet on.

I rode dirt bikes for years, and picked gravel out of my knees, elbows and in the palms of my hands, along with almost getting knocked out, breaking a toe, breaking 2 ribs and breaking 2 leg bones, before I decided that helmets, gloves and other armor were a good idea. Most of my dirt bike crashes were at less than 30 mph, going up a hill or in a tight corner. The dirt bike armor tends to be cheaper and not as hot in the summer. Pavement scrapes your skin off faster than dirt.

I also wear one of these below for my street bike- long rides are less tiring, and it reduces bruises from a crash:

http://www.locox.com/Motocross-ATV/Motocross-Kidney-Protection

· Registered
1,764 Posts
I would recommend the Shift jeans. Everyone seems to be running the same price on them. I just got mine a little bit ago and they are pretty nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.