Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOD DOAMMMMM, those pilot powers are stickey as hell, i was riding down the road and roled on the throttle.

the front end came up very easy, rode it out for a minuite, the front wheel was so damn easily. haha, the tires stuck so damn good it was amazing.

just thought i would share how great the new pilot powers stick.

·
Registered
857 Posts
sweet now that you feel their greatness wanna donate a set to me ;) i need to put a set on my 636 but cant afford it yet lol

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um, if i had the money, i would. but i know that i got a set of stocks setup for you when ever you want to buy soem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yehai got the stalk tires on their now, rear is major flatspoted thopast wear bars so i need to get a new rear at least but didnt wanan switch up brands for front and back tire

·
Registered
463 Posts
i acutally just ordered a new pilot rear tire...how much did yours cost?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
LOL... Ralph, you up for a ride this weekend so you could actually scrub those in? The taller profile is great and helps the bike fall into turns much easier. Just wait until you get to actually heat them up and hit the twisties with them..... I've been running Powers since early 05 on two different bikes (600rr, 636) on both the street and track and I love them....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, im down for a ride, ill ride but in reality i have to keep taking it easy, after my last crash i am kinda scared I.e. worried about crashing again.

i paid $93 for the front and $208 for the rear, then $30.00 for a shop to mount and balance them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What size tires did all of you order. My bt014's are finally down to their last few miles with 7k on them. Im just researching on what tire size to get for the pilot powers. If you guys can name the place and price also that would be good.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I ordered pilot powers for my 96 track bike last year and I absolutely love them. If anybody is riding beyond these limits on the street, they have a wishing for a visit from the grim reaper... I am now using an 01 for the track and picked up the Racetecs for this year because of the deal they are running.

I have used 207, 208, BT014, BT012 and Diablos and the Powers are my favs.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i'm running the new qualifiers on my bike right now. after these i'll try the powers unless michellen comes out with something new. btw ralph you got ripped on those tires. they are going for $180 now for a set.

btw did you notice a difference between the 70 and 65 series

·
Registered
463 Posts
scepter where can you get them for $180 for the set? im getting my rear tire for $150

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Originally posted by natronazx6r
wait till you get stuck in a hellacious downpour, they will not disappoint ;)
[:++1] FOR SURE!!!! That was one of the first things I noticed about them, the old bt014's used to scare the crap outta me in the wet, but the Powers are AWESOME!!! If I hadn't been soaked to the bone I would have thought the roads were still dry!!!:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Leanlow
sweet now that you feel their greatness wanna donate a set to me ;) i need to put a set on my 636 but cant afford it yet lol
dude i picked up my second set in january when i was FLA. 220 canadian [8D]

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
how long do they pilot powers take to be broken in? i have a set waiting to be put on and was wondering how slick they are when they are new and how long they stay slick.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.