Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would happen if i spliced my hibeam to my horn switch? headlight switch would have normal function. if i beeped the horn with the lows on it would flash the hibeam as long as i pushed the button.

i can see this being good for highway at night.

any opinions?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
so i guess u are taken out the horn then.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
what would happen if i spliced my hibeam to my horn switch? headlight switch would have normal function. if i beeped the horn with the lows on it would flash the hibeam as long as i pushed the button.

i can see this being good for highway at night.

any opinions?
Why waste the time? Just move your thumb up an inch and flip the high beam on and off like everyone else does. Seems like alot of effort to accomplish what you already have. Just my opinion though.

so i guess u are taken out the horn then.
The horn should still function. I had my garage door opener wired to my high beam switch on another bike and the high beams functioned just fine. The only difference was that when I flipped the switch to high beam ... not only did my high beams come on ... my garage door would open when I was close enough to my house. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id still have the horn.

the reason im thinking about this is today i had an instance where i slid through a red light ( not enough time to engine brake, front brakes werent grabbing, locked the back tire. nobody went on their green, thank god) and thinking back, i wouldve bettered my chances if i had an easy way to make as much commotion as possible to alert everyone i wasnt stopping. also when some woman on the highway took over my lane and didnt seem to hear my horn.

i wanna be able to do both at the same time just for simplicity sake and conspicuity.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Look at the wire size going to the head lights, and compare it to the horn.

5 amps of draw for EACH 60W headlamp.....versus a intermitent use horn that draws .25 amps.

I think the fuse would burn out before you ruined any wiring or the horn switch....but I think the fuse will burn out the first second you press the button.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The horn should still function. I had my garage door opener wired to my high beam switch on another bike and the high beams functioned just fine. The only difference was that when I flipped the switch to high beam ... not only did my high beams come on ... my garage door would open when I was close enough to my house. ;)
damn that's cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts