Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Good non-expensive helmets

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Monstermack 
#1 ·
So I recently purchased a EXO-1000 for a pretty good price brand new and thought I was going to fall in love with it from all the good reviews ive read but its the least favorite helmet ive worn so far. The thing is heavy and feels like a strain on my head standing up, not so bad on the bike but that doesnt matter. Also very hard to pull off but im guessing I need to wear it in some. Was thinking about returning it but what do you guys recommend for something not to expensive and lightweight and good comfort.

#3 ·
I was able to get a bell rs-1 that was on closeout for $250 which I bought from motorcyclecloseout.com. Getting a closeout is probably your best way to get an good/expensive helmet for a reasonable price but you'll just need to be less picky about color, design, etc.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
hmmmmm.....maybe i should just deal with it for a while. Got this thing for 95 bucks shipped....

#7 ·
Its you're head. I had an exo 700 and to me the bell is miles better. Quiet, light and really stable at highway speeds. If you're not happy with it I would return it because its still $100 you could put towards a helmet you're going to be happier with. Theres always good deals on old stock floating around you just need to wait.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
I've had multiple Exo helmets from 400-500-700 and have had nothing but positive thoughts about them. The 500 is by far my favorite though, comfort and feature wise.

Attachments

#10 ·
I have a CF joe rocket that I bought on sale for $175.00. It works very well in every way.

#12 ·
that is true, i havent took the 1000 on any long rides yet although they said this helmet was suppose to be made for the long trips although i dont see how with how much it weighs. The helmets Ive had before this was a simple HJC that I got with the bike and a very old Arai helmet my friend let me borrow that I think was from like 04-05. This helmet is alot quieter than both and fits me well. Just a real bitch to try and pull off. I can put it on without much hassle though. So Im kinda at a crossroad the only thing I dont like is how it pulls off but its very comfortable once on and stable in the winds. Doesnt have my head being thrown all over the place like my last helmet.

#14 ·
or do some simple neck strengthening exercises.
I have a Caberg helmet that's nice, but since it's a modular it's a bit on the heavier side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.