Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at my local Suz. shop today cuz I heard they had the cheapest tires in town. I don't like this dealer at all (they never want to deal) but they told me $119.95 for a rear 180/55/zr17 D208 plus $26.50 for balancing/labor then tax on that so is that a pretty good price!?? I'm going to need one soon, starting to see some white in the middle of my tire!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
thats a great price! jump on it soon before they run out of tires.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Anyone know of a place with good prices in Canada?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm going to go tom. and get it put on! I think first I'll tape me burnin the old one off!! I'm I going to notice a difference at all with this tire? D207 to a D208

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Mmm... M-1... I'm getting mine installed on Friday. Decided to get a set of M-1 last minute versus the BT010/020 combo. Hope I don't regret it! Cost almost $500 canadian though, ouch! We get raped for tires down here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went and got the tire put on today. Took about an hour and cost me $160.25 so I'm pretty happy. I like the tread pattern compared to the oem one. Looks more aggressive!! The guy told me to take it easy the first 50 miles so as soon as I left I got on it and Holy Cow the tire broke loose. I about shite myself, considering I weight about 240lbs

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You guys are paying $25 for mount and balance each tire? And is that on the bike or you bringing them just the wheel?

Also SNAKE you should take it easy the frist 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't know about the other two... but down here in Kingston Ontario, it really depends and varies from shop to shop.

On bike goes from $24-$55 per wheel and off bike goes from $10-$45 per wheel. All prices in Canadian funds.

It pays to look around and pick your shop.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the whole bike down and let them deal with it. I don't have any knowledge on how to take the rear wheel off. The other places I went to were around $200 total for everything so that is why I went there! I didn't like paying $2.00 for tire disposal, but what am I going to do, ride home with it around me???:) I got about 60 miles on it today and it seems to be fine now!!

I got on it going home today, hit about 120 (don't usually go over this) and look over and on the other side of the divided highway a state cop was flashing his lights at me!! [:p] Good thing he was going that way cuz I don't have no pull with them!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
It only costs me about $7.00 a wheel if I take 'em off myself. Only takes about a half hour to get front and back off the bike, and in the long run it will save you cash. Last time I put new rubber all the way around the bike, it only cost about $210 total.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.