Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
Is there any good place to buy used motorcycles? or is it better buying personally? and is the price usually cheaper during the winter?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Try cycletrader.com. You may be able to find something close enough to you that you can go inspect. I always feel better buying a bike I can see firsthand and a test ride is even better. And yes, you are more likely to get a better deal in the winter. You definately don't want to wait till spring unless you dont mind spending a little more.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
For used motorcycles, yes, you can usually find better deals in the fall and winter. But, for new motorcycles, the price is unaffected by season.

Just beware of scams when you are dealing with sites like Ebay and CycleTrader. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i spent so many weekends looking at crappy bikes that cost too much untill i found one i liked...i'd recommend taking a first hand look at it...also do a throurogh check over it...get the guy to take off the fairings too..just so you can see the entire bike

·
Registered
41 Posts
But, for new motorcycles, the price is unaffected by season.
that depends on where you are located. here in pa, the local dealer has new R1's, even a limited edition, for $7g's!!! they list for $10,399!!! definitly buy new in the winter months if you can wait til spring to ride it...[}:)]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just beware of scams when you are dealing with sites like Ebay and CycleTrader. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

Thats great advice, try to stay away from someone overseas who will ship the bike for free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.