Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 zx6r and i want a slip on for it. i like akrapovic but have been looking at yosh's tri oval and two bros m5. any suggestions? does it really matter? they all do the same thing, eh?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Depends on how loud you want it, looks, and price. I can tell you that the Yoshi pipe sounds like stock unless you rev it out. I have the race version the RS3 and that performance is good but it sounds like the stock pipe so now I have to modify it. The Akra and 2 Brothers are the best ones in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
yoshi's offer good performance but dont give out enough sound, the 2bros and akra are very nice pipes, alra is going to cost you but the quality is very good, micron and i seen on here where M4 is sellin a full exhaust for the 03-04

·
Registered
94 Posts
so akra or two bros are your suggestions in terms of sound?

how are the D&D's? i heard they are too loud... is that true?

·
Registered
266 Posts
my akra isnt very loud at all... i can hear the engine over the exhaust by far, even if im not on the bike just standing next to it revving it. it looks good and seems to perform well but im selling mine kuz i want something louder. my roommate has a 2 bros on his zzr and it sounds really good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
argh dunno what to do....

92zx7guy I'm the guy emailing you about buying it thru gmail (just incase you didn't know)

granted i don't want it to be unbearably loud but I would like a difference in sound

I'm not sure what to do now. :(

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
so akra or two bros are your suggestions in terms of sound?

how are the D&D's? i heard they are too loud... is that true?
i love the sound of a D&D i bought this pipe new from a memeber here and installed it, they are louder than most pipes but nothing like a straight pipe sound, it sounds even better now since i cut 8inches off the can

·
Registered
266 Posts
argh dunno what to do....

92zx7guy I'm the guy emailing you about buying it thru gmail (just incase you didn't know)

granted i don't want it to be unbearably loud but I would like a difference in sound

I'm not sure what to do now. :(
I know you are. just being honest, dont want you to be disappointed. akras are expensive and it would suck to spend the money and not be satisfied. i can try to take a short vid with my phone and send it to you if you like. not sure how it will sound on the cell phone cam though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
nice guy, rep for you, i'm still interested just kinda stuck as to what i should be getting.

cause it sounds like there is pretty much no performance added... cept for maybe lighter weight

but if it sounds stock kind of dissapointing, still interested though, let me know when your full exhaust comes in.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a LeoVince and love the sound that it makes every single day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really enjoy my Micron. It is just loud enough.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had a Viper Racing bulk slip-on for the past season and liked the sound and looks, despite of that dork looking tip on the end.

Still nothing beats the sound of full system, so there's a micron system with ultralite titanium can waiting to be bolted on. Damn it's eating me I won't hear it for months. :(

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
for the 03/04 i had the devil high mount, thing sounded GOOOOOD, really deep tone, not raspy at all & the pipe tucked real well under the part that sticks out on the tail section

·
Registered
266 Posts
ill take video of both of mine, the akra is quiet but its definitely not stock sounding and i have a hindle high mount full system showing up on Monday. my old bike had a vance and hines and i loved it. wish i could find one for my 6r.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I really enjoy my Micron. It is just loud enough.
Agreed - my Micron High Mount is awesome!

Also whoever mentioned the Devil High Mount is right those sound great (at least on a 954rr) - never heard one on a 636

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i had the two bros on my 03 and i can tell ya it weighs practically nothing if you get the carbon fibre. its a deep sound that i loved.

·
Registered
266 Posts
just put my Hindle high mount full system on and got the power comander map loaded. seems to make a big difference above 5k rpms, lots more torque. sounds good too, much louder :). can really tell it lets the engine breathe better. very satisfied.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts