Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another interesting thing about our bikes, US STANDARD PHILLIPS SCREW DRIVERS DO NOT FIT our bike. You will learn this quickly this when you work on the Carburator fuel bowls. Inside the tool kit behind the battery has the JIS tip you need, or buy a JIS Precision Phillips Screwdriver, best tool you can get for our bikes.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
Front and rear Disk Bolts 23 Nm (17 ft. lbs)
Thank you! I left my manual with a buddy in O town and I just don't have the motivation to ride an hour to get it in heavy O town traffic.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you! I left my manual with a buddy in O town and I just don't have the motivation to ride an hour to get it in heavy O town traffic.
Glad to help brother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question i have a 010 zx7 that got a whole lot of water in the the intake from sitting out in the rain without the plastics on it ive drained the water out the carbs and did an oil change the oil was very watery i even drained the gas tank the bike wont go past 55mph no matter what gear im in if i slam on the throttle it seems to go even slower while the bike is in neutral it will not rev past 8000 rpms with out shutting off while in neutral an standing still

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
probably water down inside the spark plug wells. Shorts the plugs out and they don't fire. Most likely #2 plug. But I've seen it in all of em before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whitehendix- I read through your "good things to know about your 7" (great write up btw) and found a lot of useful things to use as a starting point but still doesn't seem to help with what's going on. I just got my 7r last Tuesday and everything was going great. Yesterday we had some FP issues and got it solved and was running great again. Then later on it blew the ign fuse in the junction box... Any idea? Replaced the fuses, started it up put it into gear and as I was letting off the clutch it died again. I'm stumped completely. Any help would be great as to this is really my first bike aside from my 07 zx6r I had over the winter.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
jesus christ this fucking phone hates this post.

Attempt number 3.

Check the harness by the steering stops.. common problem area..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whitehendix- I read through your "good things to know about your 7" (great write up btw) and found a lot of useful things to use as a starting point but still doesn't seem to help with what's going on. I just got my 7r last Tuesday and everything was going great. Yesterday we had some FP issues and got it solved and was running great again. Then later on it blew the ign fuse in the junction box... Any idea? Replaced the fuses, started it up put it into gear and as I was letting off the clutch it died again. I'm stumped completely. Any help would be great as to this is really my first bike aside from my 07 zx6r I had over the winter.
You made sure your kick stand was up right? Sounds stupid I know but I've done that plenty of times lol.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
gimme a call. 910-386-six-nine-ohhh-four

i will be fairly busy all day wednesday but i will try to get at ya if at all possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow! A lot of great info here in this thread. I used to own a 99 model and loved it, but don't recall having any of these issues you guys are talking about. I'm looking to get another one but after reading this thread i'm Kinda worried.. whitehendrix, this thread is awesome! If I ever have a problem i'm coming here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey fellas, I got what I believe to be some crazy stuff going on.

Ready?
I go to start my bike and it wont start, just cranks. Damn... I hear the battery die. Np, my battery is went dead. Take it and have it charged. Put it in and I'm off! Park it for the evening. Get up in the am and head to work. Stop at gas station, start bike. Np. Stop at my girls work, come out 20 min later. Nothing, no crank or anything. I tow the bike to a friends, charge battery. Put it in, bam! Fires right up. Take battery out to perform a load test and all of that, they say battery is great. Ok, take it back, put it in bike...Nothing, just the relay single click? WTH... Do I have a short? Fuse blown? I take the tank and airbox off to check everything out under there. Looks ok I guess. Next day I'm thinking, starter solenoid! Go to jump it and boom, it cranks. Wont start cause the tank is off. Put the tank on annnnd...Nothing, just cranks with the solenoid jump. Now what? Get some starter fluid, bike starts with solenoid jump, dies a few sec later. Try again and press the start button by accident but wow it works now.. Just crank though. ok so that's good now. Fuel delivery problem? Pull fuel hose from carbs and try to start the bike, nothing. No fuel shooting out al all.
The kicker...I take a volt meter to the fuel pump. Nothing, no juice, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas at all? I am stumped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forum guys. Got a 98 zx7 with same hot start symptoms. Thought I was alone! Makes me feel a hell of a lot better that my bike isn't f'd up. U guys r awesome! This thread is really helpful.

Recently I pulled my tank and airbox out to see if I could figure out y it was happening but even when it was up to reg temp I couldn't get it to do it! It would start right up no problem. I must have tried 30 times and worked every time. I did notice some fuel mist coming out of cylinders 3&4 when I would slightly rev it but I wouldn't c it if I cranked it. Not sure if it was just dissipating too quickly but I would assume that this would build up in air box/filter and maybe enrich mixture over a longer ride? Cuz it almost seems like hot symptoms r almost same as flooding or maybe weak spark??? Any thoughts bout maybe time cooling down lets extra gas evaporate?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

181 - 200 of 212 Posts