Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a nail in my 01 stock rear tire. i know plugging it wasnt a good idea so decided on getting a new tire. i checked rob lee's tire articles and checked some of my magazines for tire prices. i called a a shop around here and got a price of $190 to remove, balance, and mount it.

now the guy put on it a dunlop D208 zr . my tire size is a 180/55r17. did i get screwed or does this sound about right? i had a 207 on it before.

diffent part sites have diffrent prices on the same tire, thats why im asking.

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, that sounds about right. You might find it cheaper through somewhere else, but you still have to pay someone to mount and balance it for you and that will cost you as well. Sounds to me like they only charged you for the price of the tire. Most places mount and balance for free. Plus warranty work is much easier when it is at a local shop (assuming it is local)

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would say that you got a good price. Have to think that most shops charge about $70-$90 per hour for labor. [^]

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well just to let you all know, you can buy a Dunlop D208 180/55 17ZR for about $100. The problem is that most shops will charge you more if you dont purchase the tire from them.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
About the cheapest place to get tires online is ronayers.com if they have your brand. They carry Dunlop, Pirelli and Metzeler for sure.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can someone explain the diffrence between the 207 and 208? is the 208 just the next year model or does it mean something else? the guy told me it would cost $40 for this type of work since the tire was still on the bike.....their shop fee is $60(same as kawi place, but they act like sharks when they try and sell you parts) so i paid $150 for the tire.

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
501 Posts
There are some improvements made from the 207 to the 208. There are still some 207 out there for sale as left overs. I have 208s right now and I am satisfied. The only reason I am not going with dunlops again is cause the 208 does not come in the factory size for the front tire (120/65) they only come in 120/70 or 120/60. And I dont want to mess with my suspension settings. I am gonna buy Metzelers M1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.