Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I knew it would happen just didn't think it would happen as soon as it did...

I have stepped up to a 08 zx-6r... and I was gonna keep my lil 250 but after ridin the 600... I don't see myself ever goin back..

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys who helped me out and gave me advice.......

If anyone is in the Ga Area and wants to go for a ride hit me up...

·
Registered
647 Posts
cool doode. never was a fan of the zxr series but good luck and safe riding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Grats, man. I'm hoping that I will be there next summer, but I'm definitely enjoying the 250 now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why is everyone going out and buying new 6r's.....and not posting PICTURES!

Gratz on the new ride, stay safe and enjoy it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol... I was wondering what happened to you. :)

pics or you're lyin'. :p

have fun... ride safe.
lol.. im not lying.. i didn't post pics cause well I didn't want anyone gettin mad for me postin pics of a 6r in a 250 thread.. but here are the pics..

and before anyone starts yelling and throwing safety flags at me I have gloves I just wasnt wearing them cause I was only goin 2mph in parking lot and bike has not even went down the road yet in picture.. wanted a good picture of it in case I dropped it lol..

·
Registered
647 Posts
i myself am getting a 600 but its gonna be an 09 r6 for christmas and i cant decide wether i wanna keep my 250 since itll be paid off by then or to trade it in or get into trackdays r what..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well.. I thought I was gonna keep my 250.. but after riding the 6r.. there is a big quality difference in the bike... all the way through... in my opinion.. the 250 is great... and I loved every minute I spent on it.. but after riding my zx6r and getting used to it.. I got back on my 250 and it just didn't feel like the same bike it used to.. (for obvious reasons)...

I was gonna trade my 250... but they didn't wanna give me crap for trade in value.. and it was paid for so.. I figured if I cant sell it for what I want out of it.. then it will be a keep sake... if im going to sell it for a cheaper price... its goin to be when its worth a cheaper price...

or who knows maybe I will get a girlfriend that wants to get into riding bikes and then shes already got something to learn on... lol

here is a better pic of my bike without me in it.. lol thats why its better

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sweet!!!!! Now take it to the Gap. Then take the 250 there right after. Then time it. Then you'll be upset when the 250 is faster through. LOL

Great bike make sure you do the jumper mod.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Man, I must really be AFU. I have 2 250s and a 650 and I have to say that I still love my 250. I did almost exactly what Cajuntlr was saying in that I rode the same canyon 2 days in a row on different bikes. It was very different. The 250 bounced form turn to turn with very little effort, whereas the 650 *felt* like it had to be persuaded. It really felt like I was going slower on the 650 cause the power band is a lot lower. Ah well, to each his own.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
really the zx-6r cant even be compared... its a totally different kind of bike than the 250 or the 600 0r 650...

When i used to hit hard corners on my 250 I just felt unstable at the speed I was entering the turns..... and im sure that had a lot to do with riding positions, the type of tires im running, and improper suspension setups and things like that..

being on the zx6r has put me in a completely different riding position that now feels very natural.. and when I hit corners in that riding position I just feel more planted and stable in the turn.....

I loved my 250.. and on a very technical track with lots of twisties the 250 might actually have a chance.. but givin a open straght and thats gonna obviously be a different story...

but lets not forget its not the bike that makes the difference it is the rider and there skill

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats Due to the economic times I wont be able to afford a 6R or 636 but I am shooting for 2010 if at all possible to upgrade. Till then I will enjoy the 61mpg 250 and ride the wheels off of it.
Congrats and much props on the upgrade . If I was in a position to upgrade finacialy I would too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Beautiful bike....just one flaw with it, it's not green! haha.
But really, it's a beautiful bike, ride safe and enjoy it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beautiful bike....just one flaw with it, it's not green! haha.
But really, it's a beautiful bike, ride safe and enjoy it.
but.. when I bout my lil 250 it had been dropped before I got it and I had 2 gallons mixed up of Kawi Green from having a profit reading done on the bike.. so it may not stay yellow for long... or I may do a insane, neon color paint scheme... with bright green, orange, and red.. who knows... lol..

but thanks guys I absoultly love the bike... I stil have not decided if im gettin rid of my lil 250 yet.. I may turn it into a track bike.. not sure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts