Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Which brake lines?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My next mod is going to be brake lines. The only problem is that I do not know what brand to buy. Both seem to priced at about $80-$100. I want ones that are black and that's my only real requirement.

What kind would you recommend?

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Brake lines are brake lines for the most part. Whatever you can get easily.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
spiegler brake lines have swivles at the ends making them crazy easy to install. Thats what i run on my ride. I have installed 2 sets of galfer on cbr's and was so pissed that the ends didn't swivel and didn't want to line up smoothly.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spiegler brake lines have swivles at the ends making them crazy easy to install. Thats what i run on my ride. I have installed 2 sets of galfer on cbr's and was so pissed that the ends didn't swivel and didn't want to line up smoothly.
I just looked at those online and they look really nice! I will have too look around and see what kind of price I can get on those...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ZX-6 R 07 - alt. 2-line Front 2 S-KA0305 $109.95

ZX-6 R 07 - orig. over the fender Front 2 S-KA0304 $109.95

ZX-6 R 07- orig. Rear 1 S-KA0306 $56.95

direct from speglier. YOu can get the over the fender setup like the way the stock lines are run, or the 2 lines from the front master cylinder one line to each caliper. There customer service is amazing. I called up and got the owner actually, he hand drew me a picture of how to run the lines and was very helpfull.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Don't worry about the brand. Buy what ever you can get for the right price. You can't go wrong with either and if there is a difference I am sure only the top pros would notice it.

**Dageorge**
Don't quote me but I think it is more even/consistant braking between the 2 calipers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have stainless steel Goodridge and they work great, over 7,000 miles on them and no problems.

I kinda doubt Goodridge are made in China.. Goodridge also makes seats for commercial and military aircraft here in Phoenix AZ.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Don't worry about the brand. Buy what ever you can get for the right price. You can't go wrong with either and if there is a difference I am sure only the top pros would notice it.

**Dageorge**
Don't quote me but I think it is more even/consistant braking between the 2 calipers.
Thanks, I was wondering if it was a purely aesthetic thing or had any real benefit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.