Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered myself one of these lil beauties! Can't wait to get some awesome 1080p video footage on the bike! :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Camera is awesome, came off track car at 130MPH and kept recording, used underwater, on bike, on surf board. I bought one for my brother too (competitive downhill skateboarder)
I have an 1st & 2nd gen GoPro's also...not getting used at the moment.
I only ride on track so I safety wire/tether the case to the bike so it won't fall off.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
i want one...not currently in the budget. Maybe next year :)

If I go down without one I'm going to be pissed. If I go down, I at least want video proof...haha.
-Cody

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the difference between the 1st gen and 2nd? didn't know their was new model!

Camera is awesome, came off track car at 130MPH and kept recording, used underwater, on bike, on surf board. I bought one for my brother too (competitive downhill skateboarder)
I have an 1st & 2nd gen GoPro's also...not getting used at the moment.
I only ride on track so I safety wire/tether the case to the bike so it won't fall off.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I find I only use 720p, for monitors and regular sized tv's it all looks the same to me.
I'm with you, it saves space and the quality is still great.

Whats the difference between the 1st gen and 2nd? didn't know their was new model!
The 2nd gen is the new model. 1st gen went up to 720p 2nd gen goes up to 1080p and there are also some other lil differences as well

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
They have a 3d version now also iirc f-ing crazy.

I'de like one but cant justify the $300 price tag.

and wtf is competitive downhill skateboarding? LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah i see!

yea i'll probably will use 720p most of the time but @ 60fps :)

·
Registered
38 Posts

It's where you an an opponent attempt to ride a skateboard down a hill. Then when your wheels get stuck in the first 6 inches you see who slides the farthest on their face.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Very nice, how much?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gopro is next on my list too BUT I'm wndering if there are other products that are similar/comparable to the Gopro other than the Contour?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

The 3D version is not a totaly new camera its just two Gen 2 cameras mounted together

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's where you an an opponent attempt to ride a skateboard down a hill. Then when your wheels get stuck in the first 6 inches you see who slides the farthest on their face.
Hey! I've done that a couple times!lol not a very fun sport. Gopro does that drawing to win one of everything they make every day. I've heard rumors that real people actually win....

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Hey! I've done that a couple times!lol not a very fun sport. Gopro does that drawing to win one of everything they make every day. I've heard rumors that real people actually win....
I'll believe it when I win.
-Cody

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I paid £299 for the HD Motorsports HERO, which comes with a selection of mounts.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I paid £299 for the HD Motorsports HERO, which comes with a selection of mounts.
Ouch!

I paid ~$215 for my GoPro HD Motorsports package, which is about £130. 58cycle was a good site that had them cheap, as did RiderDiscounts, but I ended up saving the most money by getting it on eBay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts