Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just picked up an 04 basically in mint condition, but almost 17000 miles. got it for only $5,500 so I had to have it. selling my 9r now on ebay. I figured I'd introduce myself here since I haven't posted in this section much.

it is bone stock so there are a couple things I have to change sooner than later... signals- I hate them. I know the have the perfect fitting flushmounts for the front, but any opinions on the rear?? would like to just integrate them but not sure since the taillight is led right?

also it has the stock exhaust, looks like you can just unbolt the rear of it and pull it out to take out the packing??

also, the guy said there was a recall on the front rim (which he had changed) anyone hear that?

guess thats it for now, heres some pics, nothing special
my garage for now... the white gixxer's not mine:)

The ORIGIONAL rear tire with almost 17,000 miles!!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nice looking bike...

The fronts I would suggest getting the Euro Spec lights, the rear get a tag kit and just use some short stalk lights on the rear.

There bolts on the can do nothing, there is not way to get into the can to take the "packing" out without cutting the can open and welding it back together when done.

You can remove it from the mid pipe and bust out the cat and get a poor mans slip on.

Check out ZX-10R.Net as it is more 10r related.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats, you'll really enjoy the bike

I have a set of OEM Euro spec flush mount front turn signals FS, plug right in, PM me if interested

I used the factory tailight and had MD Wright http://www.flashalert.com/integrator.htm convert to integrate turn signals. Because it's an oem tailight the quality is better than aftermarket but you have to send them a tailight you can't buy one converted

·
Registered
77 Posts
There was a wheel recall on all of the 04's. You can enter your VIN on the Kawasaki website and it will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls for your bike.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Get rid of that mud flap and throw on a hot bodies undertail ........ Also throw on a the new BOZ MOIRA system on her..... Double bubble wind screeen and a steering dampner... The steering dampner is a must

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JASONZX6R6R
Get rid of that mud flap and throw on a hot bodies undertail ........ Also throw on a the new BOZ MOIRA system on her..... Double bubble wind screeen and a steering dampner... The steering dampner is a must
Not made of $$:D but sooner or later...

it won't stay green for very long anyway so I'll most likely just smooth out the stock undertail and get an integrater tail light

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have yet to figure out why people buy under tail kits when these bikes already have them from the factory.

Get a tag bracket and some rear turn signals and call it a day.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by sneakyws6
I have yet to figure out why people buy under tail kits when these bikes already have them from the factory.

Get a tag bracket and some rear turn signals and call it a day.
eh, hate the rear signals any size. like a nice clean look without the plate there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.