Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2005 Z750S and want to do some mods to it.

First thing is I want to get a nice undertail exhaust, however I cannot find the Ixil Undertail exhaust anywhere in the USA, can anyone help with another Undertail exhaust that can be found in the states?

I found this one but I don't know if it will fit the Z750-S
LEO VINCE 2004 - 2006 KAWASAKI HI ALUM E2 SLIPON Z-750 | eBay

Also I think the stock mirrors look pretty goofy/ugly and would like some nice aggressive style mirrors. I read that alot of people like the Buell Firebolt mirrors but does anyone else have any suggestions?

My last question is do they sell any aftermarket fairings? I was thinking maybe a fairing under the engine behind the front wheel, I think it's called the bikini fairing? Or any other fairings would be nice...

I am just looking for ideas on how to customize this bike and am open to any suggestions. I am also looking at seats ..

I was thinking something like this to cover the rear portion of the seat
Kawasaki Z750S Z750 2004 2005 2006 Rear Seat Cowl Black | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I got Z750S as well

Hi, I just picked up my 2005 Z750S as well. It is completely normal and bit boring. Did you get an after market exhaust?

Also, the mirrors - the useless ones. I found Moteck's mirror extenders but they cost $65 plus shipping. If you come across anything better, please let me know.

Happy riding!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a Delkevic slip on

Just received a Delkevic 14" stubby exhaust. Just my experience with Delkevic USA (via eBay):

1. Very responsive - I asked them a quesiton before buying it. I got a reply within 24 hours.
2. Very good price
3. Very quick shipping - Arrived in 4 days (I live in California)
4. Very good packaging - No damages from shipping. The muffler was coverd with a vinyl to protect the shinny surface
5. Fit is excellent. The package came with 2 correct size clamps. Installation took 15 minutes only
6. Beautifully crafted SUS muffler with a removable buffle
7. MUCH lighter than the stock exhaust
8. I drove about 50 miles today. Even without the buffle, no back fires. Actually the muffler made the low end bit more smoother than OEM
9. At ideling, the muffler emits deep and melow sound - not too loud to wake up deads or my elderly neighbors.
10. At freeway speed, the muffler makes reasonablly loud noise, but again nothing like HD's straight pipes
11. I have over 35 years of riding under my pants and used many "brand name" after market exhausts before. Delkevic is the best. It provides the best ROI.

I am extremely happy with Delkevic - the muffler and people who sold it to me. I wish I could post a picture but my picture is 2MegB. I guess my camera is too good (or I don't know how to take low res picture):D

·
Registered
13 Posts
My last question is do they sell any aftermarket fairings? I was thinking maybe a fairing under the engine behind the front wheel, I think it's called the bikini fairing? Or any other fairings would be nice...
a belly pan is what it is called alot of them are out there.

you can also get a full fairing but it does not look that good on the Z, headlight mod is an option i posted a thread on projector headlight mod. I got a rear tire hugger for the back looks good ,small blinkers in the front and back,fender eliminator, seat cowl cover

thats all the easy stuff if you want to go engine wise well alot can be done with the z1000 stuff

·
Registered
1 Posts
600cc killer

I got full MUZZY header and muffler. It's a little large, and not so quiet if you piss it off. I love the deep throaty sound of my 05 Z750s. The muffler slips off and sounds amazing, for group riding and just being obnoxious. I got a K&N air filter as soon as I bought it and this bike is now a beast. I did 150 mph twice. Once for 8 seconds. I passed a slew of 600s, laying on the tank and tucked behind the wind screen. The GSXR 750 has more power and speed, because it's a race bike, then theres that damn Katana, but my 750 can travel and contend. Sometimes my group is 20-50 strong. The fastest ones are always in front. That means a few 1000s, a couple of chipped 600s and me. It's a great hybrid Touring/Sport bike. I really like it but Technology has advanced. Ride it for what it is, enjoy it for years to come and move on to the next, newer bike. I am bike life and I do this almost every day on my Z. Get a reputable, official, badass exhaust and muffler and a new high flow air filter, preferably K&N. That bike is heavy in the front and not made for high speed cornering, fyi. All of my races are in a straight line or very slight curves. I would know. With new Pilot IVs, I still lost it on a corner. Just finished replacing several parts. Race bikes are for racing. Expensive lesson. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new to the site and just picked up a 2007 z750s myself. Took it as a trade in. It doesn't look great vs the z750, I would much rather the aggressive look.

Did anyone have any look with your mods here. And has anyone removed the front fairing and replaced with the z750 one ? Or otherwise a streetfighter lamp ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2005 z750s. I guess you could say i "removed" the front fairing...Anyways, i'm replacing the headlight with a 2007 z750/z1000 headlight. Just got in the headlight stay bracket. Seems to fit perfectly...minus some minor altercations. Waiting on the headlight. Still looking for a good deal on a cowling. Let me know if you know of or see a good deal would appreciate it. We'll see how it goes. Will upload picks soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I?m trying to make my 2006 Z750S more appropriate for touring. I added a touring windscreen from ZeroGravity and that was a big improvement. Any suggestions where I might get a seat with back rests and if side or back storage bags/boxes are an option?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts