Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through alot of different threads and had a few specific questions about bouncing a 2nd gear wheelie up. (I'm still learning)

1) Once you reach BP, what speed are you cruising at? I can successfully get the wheel off the ground every time now, but after my longest stretch, maybe 6 seconds, I noticed I came down smoothly but I was doing over 80 mph.

2) When you bounce, how should you position your right foot? I know you want it on the brake eventually, but do you bounce with your toes and then shift your foot up to get on the brake or bounce with your heel, aka toe already on the break?

If anyone has some videos I'd love to see them. Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
1) speed at bp depends on how fast you get to bp. if you bounce at 50 and bring it right to bp you can be at 55-60 if not you might end up at 70-80.

2) i tend to keep my feet centered on the pegs, or on the balls of my feet. it is good to get in the habbit of covering the rear break, even if you dont need it yet try to give it a little tap now and then just to get the feel of it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
have you watched jrocks video in the sticky?

http://jrock.rageagainstgravity.com/videos/bounce.wmv

i learned the bounce wheelie first from this video, but the clutch is where its at. you can clutch it up much slower with more control. when you are doing a power/bounce wheelie you are chewing through rpms so fast that you end up traveling very fast by the time you make it to balance point, if ever. i would position your foot on the brake before the bounce or just clutch it up but keep your foot in place so its right there not fishing around for the brake by the time its too late.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw jrock's link but cannot see the video.

I've gone out many times and tried many different tips to try and clutch it up, but just can't get the hang of it. I've only tried alot in 2nd b/c I didn't like clutching first up. I really like bouncing in 2nd so far though, it feels so smooth. I guess once you get good thats how clutching is too.

Any other vids?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
first gear for me always wabbled, so i use 2nd and 3rd. i put my right foot centered on the peg with my foot on the brake when i come up. i'm not appyling the brake, just have my toes on it for when i need it. i'll cruze at balance point around 50-60 and when i'm coming down pick up some speed so it'll come down smooth. sometimes thats around 70-80. if you drop it straight down from 50-60 it'll come down hard.

so 1, bp speed- 50-60-70

2- foot on brake (not pressing it) for when u need it.

seen two bikes looped cause the guys didn't cover the rear brake, 1 guy said "i couldn't get my foot on it after i was up"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.