Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a downpayment tonight. 05 zx6r in GREEN, it has 3800 miles, wpr exhaust, fender eliminator, flush mount signals. The bike doesnt have a scratch. The only downfall is it needs a new rear tire pronto. Guy only rode highway and a couple burnouts, barely a touch close to the sides just a big flat spot. Guy wanted 7600 but I gave him 6500. Not a bad deal I dont think seeing as I got 6900 for my totaled 04.
So whats a good tire to buy and should I get a front and back, cause the front stock tore is still fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i would get both tires at the same time. I run michelin pilot powers. I think they are probaby close to the best street tires you can run that i know of.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What can you tell me about the exhaust? Is it crap? Just let me know. I did a search and came up with pretty much nothing.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Originally posted by zx_sqrill
i would get both tires at the same time. I run michelin pilot powers. I think they are probaby close to the best street tires you can run that i know of.
*sigh* [:M7]

mikeeb -> Do a search about tires. Pilot Powers have been mentioned like 200 times in the last two weeks.

Also, avoid reviews saying "best you can run", etc. Different people like different tires for different reasons, and there are a lot of good tires out there. I personally won't run Pilot Powers because of quality control issues. Your best bet will be to do a search on here, read everyone's input, research the tires, and decide for yourself, because everyone will tell you different tires are "the best, omg, !111!!!1!, everything else sucks!", but most of the time they're either repeating what they were told, don't know what they're talking about, or just plain biased. "the best" etc. is a statement of oppinion.

And as for the WRP exhaust, did you do a google search?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wrp+exhaust

The first four or five listings are direct hits. WRP is basically a cheapola slip on exhaust company. $250 for a slip on for the 05/06 636...that's cheaper than the stock can, isn't it? Lighter than stock (barely), but heavier and lower quality than other aftermarket systems with almost no performance gains. Most of what it does have in performance probably comes from having little to no baffling.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
pilot powers good for me so far, also hear great things about M3's and Diablos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might just get another battlax oem rear since the front is in good condition and when they both get bad I will go with some pilot powers. I can get a oem battlax for 100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.