Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has ever happened to you. The place where I have my bike get the services done, they let me have another bike while they work on mine, actually this is only the second time I take it to this place, the first time they gave me the keys to a 2004 Honda Shadow 600, that prehistoric tech POS. as soon as I got back on my bike, it felt like warp time travel, welcome to the new millenium kinda thing, it felt great, as soon as I hit the gas it was GO. well, this time I rode out of the place on a 2004 GSXR1000, geez, first thing I noticed, looooooooooooooooong first gear! it was kinda uncomfortable 'cause it had vortex rear sets and the pegs were too high for my own taste, well the thing is I went to get my bike yesterday and believe me, going from the litre bike I borrowed to my bike was so disappointing. getting to 30mph was a complete DRAMA on my 6R.

Since I don't have the bucks for a ZX10, next time, I'll take a shadow250, thank you.[B)]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they buy bikes from insurance companies, fix 'em up, make 'em legal and then sell them. funny how y'all focused on the same thing, it's pretty cool huh?
not so cool when I had to ride the burgundy honda shadow with my blue-multi helmet and jacket... my riding buddies made so much fun of me. I wonder why they didn't say anything when I showed up in the gsxr1000 last weekend.[:p]

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,102 Posts
A Triumph dealership in my neck of the woods does that. My buddy took his tt-600 in for something and they gave him a Rocket to ride. Needless to say we had a blast and that Rocket was awesome. Torque monster for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.