Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my birthday was this past weekend and i got a few bucks to spend. I have no idea what to get thats worth it since i have most of the mods that i originally wanted on my bike. So, i have around $1000 to spend, and i wanted your guys' help on what to get.

Here are my mods so far:

Akra s/o
scotts steering damper
stealth sprocket, +2
AFAM front sprocket, -1
DID x ring gold chain
PCIII
Pazzo shorty levers
Vortex rearsets
Puig 2mm race screen
6000k HIDs
Galfer SS lines
EBC pads
Stompgrip tank pads
Just got new Pirelli Corsa III's

I also get around 6-8 trackdays a year too, so i dont need to spend this money on that, i can do that on my own.

Oh and i also dont need any new gear, already got all my track stuff a while ago, and im good on street gear.

Help!! lol

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
got any cc bills to pay off?

You already took all the things I was going to suggest out of the equation.:) trackdays, gear, etc. and it sounds like you already have most of the nice parts on your bike.

You could always put it in the bank for a rainy day.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
shift star

custom tune?

new rear shock? some triple-clicker action?

yeah, I'd say suspension

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got any cc bills to pay off?

You already took all the things I was going to suggest out of the equation.:) trackdays, gear, etc. and it sounds like you already have most of the nice parts on your bike.

You could always put it in the bank for a rainy day.
I do have some cc bills to pay, lol but i can actually pay those off pretty easily, i kinda didnt wanna use my gift money just to pay off debt, i know it sounds bad, but id feel better if i actually bought somethin for myself haha

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I do have some cc bills to pay, lol but i can actually pay those off pretty easily, i kinda didnt wanna use my gift money just to pay off debt, i know it sounds bad, but id feel better if i actually bought somethin for myself haha
maybe stock up on tires for next seasons track days? :)

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I was thinking about those, how much do they actually help?
I put the shift star in at the same time I installed the quick shifter and ignition module. All I can say is that my previously clunky transmission now shifts as smooth as silk.

As the other posters have said ... suspension is a great idea too, however, I ruled it out because my rear shock alone was about $1200 (which was over what you were planning to spend).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the shift star in at the same time I installed the quick shifter and ignition module. All I can say is that my previously clunky transmission now shifts as smooth as silk.

As the other posters have said ... suspension is a great idea too, however, I ruled it out because my rear shock alone was about $1200 (which was over what you were planning to spend).
Can someone elaborate on the shift star? i never heard of it, at least i think i never have. Ive heard of the dynojet quickshifter and ignition module tho.

As for the suspension, i can shell out an extra 200 or so for myself if i have to if its worth it.

Oh i guess i should mention that i work at a Yamaha dealer, go figure, i know, lol so i can get parts at cost plus 10%. Even for my bike

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Can someone elaborate on the shift star? i never heard of it, at least i think i never have.
It is a little star shaped piece that sits behind the clutch basket that assists in moving from one gear to the next. The Factory Pro shift star has a little bit different shape to it that makes your shifts smoother. With the 05/06 transmission issues ... it is definately a GOOD investment. Here is a write-up in the "how to" section that shows pictures:

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=87288

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a little star shaped piece that sits behind the clutch basket that assists in moving from one gear to the next. The Factory Pro shift star has a little bit different shape to it that makes your shifts smoother. With the 05/06 transmission issues ... it is definately a GOOD investment. Here is a write-up in the "how to" section that shows pictures:

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=87288
Oh ok thanks, would that help me at all since i have an 07 6r? The tranny seems pretty smooth to me

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
If your not racing you could just have the suspension rebuild and sprung for your weight! That will be a good.

The quickshifter is a great mod! It allows for full throttle upshifts! Also you can find a used quickshifter for pretty cheap and then just buy a ignition module and still have 650 bucks left over to spend.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your not racing you could just have the suspension rebuild and sprung for your weight! That will be a good.

The quickshifter is a great mod! It allows for full throttle upshifts! Also you can find a used quickshifter for pretty cheap and then just buy a ignition module and still have 650 bucks left over to spend.
hmm, quickshifter is starting to sound pretty good along with the ignition module.

What about getting rid of the s/o and going for a full exhaust? i was looking at the arata ti full system before?

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I would get vaginal rejuvination, or have that rotten tooth replaced.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Ditch the slip on and get a full system for sure. I went from the jardine slip on to a full leo vince! I was amazed at the difference in power the bike made.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts