Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was bound to happen. I went out on my bike to pick up some burgers and buns. I stopped at a light and give here a little gas and before you know it I was doing 60, then immediately hit the next light. I got in the left turn lane to stop at the grocery store (a whole 2 miles from the house) and a see the po-po behind me. "FUCK", I thought, so I pulled in the parking lot and sure enough, it was for me. lol
He asked is there a reason you were so stupid and doing 60 in a 45. I said "no sir" He asked for my license and registration so I asked him if I could reach in my bag, and open my seat up, and I gave it to him. Then he asked if I was in the coast guard, I told him, no I am in the navy. He asked If I saw him and why I was so dumb to gun it in front of him, and I told him i didn't see him. He said alright, here's what I am going to do, I am going to let you off, but if I see you speeding again, I am going to get you for everything that I can get you for. I said, yes sir, and thank you sir, and was about my way.

Thank god, I deserved the ticket, but I had a feeling from the beginning I would be let go. Not all cops are bad, and any bike, regardless of engine size, can equally break the law!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything he can get your for, huh?

:Hmmmm:
It sounds almost threatish, but the dude could've just as easily ticketed me, oh well. I probably needed this bc, for some reason, I speed a lot more on my bike ( and very rarely in my car):D

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
One time a cop told me that cops dont chase bikes, they send choppers (depending on your area). The thing is DONT DO IT.

·
Registered
588 Posts
One time a cop told me that cops dont chase bikes, they send choppers (depending on your area). The thing is DONT DO IT.

i got stopped about two or 3 weeks ago doing 60 in a 40mph zone....two cops were up ahead parked on the median and one signaled for me to stop......he was suprised i actually stopped....

asked if i had a license....yes....endorsement?....:( no....asked why not...told em i dont have money for the course right now....they said that they wouldnt have chased me anyways because "they knew they couldnt catch me" ....good thing they didnt know its only a 250:D.....

neways....they were pretty cool about everything...just checked my license on the computer too see if i had any other tickets....said good thing i was wearing a helmet....asked about my tattoos n where i got em....said thanks for stopping and told me to take it easy around there n that was it :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I got pulled over in my car last night for a random breath test. Do they have them in America?

I'd had a beer and a glass of wine earlier in the night, about 1-2 hours previous, and I knew I was fine to drive. Should have asked what the reading was, but I didn't think of that at the time.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I was stopped about two weeks ago for doing 68 in a 45, which was stupid I know. The cop asked if I raced... we talked about my bike, AMA, and MotoGP for like 20 minutes. Turns out he does amature racing and owns a Daytona 675. That was crazy. I was LUUUUUCKY on that one.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of off topic but a cop has let me off from a ticket when he saw my DEP card in my wallet back in high school. :D
not off topic at all, same thing happened to me right before I went to boot camp, saw my dep card and I think he felt sorry for me... lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
The other day while heading to a friend's birthday party, I blew by a cop going 55 in a 45. Pulled me over at the next light. Told me to go ahead and pull into the next parking lot to get out of traffic. He was so surprised I complied and was so courteous he kept mentioning it and even gave me his number. Yeah...I think maybe he swung a little differently. Got off with a warning though.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Today went on my 2nd group ride ever. Pretty good. Started out with 10-12, ended w/ about 8 b/c we got split up like 3 times. Anyway, back on topic, after leaving a gas station were a few cops were sitting also, we got maybe 2 miles up the street onto the twisty road. First straight away guy on the gixxer pulled a wheelie in the oncoming lane. Turns out the cop was behind tucked behind the car that was trailing us & did about 100 in the oncoming lane to stop gixxer guy.. He ended up with a $450 ticket & a 6 point wreckless charge..

·
Registered
264 Posts
sure is nice to get out because of who you are or what you do, i work highway incident response, passed a unseen trooper in the top of 3rd shifting to 4th so about 120mph or so

went to the shoulder and put on my hazards before he even hit the lights

i know most of the troopers, but i didnt know him, i told him what i do and he checked into it, written warning, after yelling at me for being stupid

i think if he would have known how fast i was really going i would have been done for though

·
Banned
150 Posts
Yesterday one of the guys I was riding with got a ticket.

All started with a group of 5 bikes and 7 riders. The ride up with laid back. Group formation. One person popping out every now and then to pull up a wheelie.

Went to a bikers bbq. Lots of bikes, pics to come later. A really good time. I thought it was funny that no one would speak to me. I was really surprised because I'm an independent rider. Figured they'd be all over me.

Eitherway, on the way back was crazy. About 25 of us left at the same time and we took over the highways. Stopping cars so we could pull out, slowing down traffic so we could get over.

We get on the interstate and all hell breaks loose. Everyone guns it and it's a free for all. Swerving in and out of traffic at 130+. After we almost get home and the group breaks up, we realize that we're missing 1 bike 2 riders.

We get home and 30 minutes later he shows up pissed. Said that he got stopped and ticketed for 95+. Said the cop mentioned that he had been receiving phone calls about us for the past 10 miles.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Speeding. I don't do it much of surface streets, but quite a bit on the freeway. It's just too damn easy to end up going way to fast when you have 4 open lanes with sparse traffic.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The other day while heading to a friend's birthday party, I blew by a cop going 55 in a 45. Pulled me over at the next light. Told me to go ahead and pull into the next parking lot to get out of traffic. He was so surprised I complied and was so courteous he kept mentioning it and even gave me his number. Yeah...I think maybe he swung a little differently. Got off with a warning though.
So did you call him yet? :rolleyes: Good luck... Hope things work out! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts