Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was lubing my chain I accidently sprayed the edge of the rear tire(sides). Really little thought not a lot. I wiped it of with a towel n all. Will this mess up my riding? I rubbed it off with my hands too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would take some chain cleaner and spray some on the "RAG" and wipe it off.

N

·
0 Posts
it shouldnt mess up ur riding unless u lean so far that the sidewall of ur tires make contact with the road :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, =). Its just that I heard stories where dumbass ppl put tire shine on the thread part of their tires on cars and it made them crash... Anyways...

·
Registered
703 Posts
some tire lubes will start eating at the rubber and cause it to seperate from the carcass of the tire. the only safe thing to do is get a new rear tire. or a new matched set, as you should not use different tire manufactuers...

·
Registered
139 Posts
You guys are funnier then shit!! Quit jacking with the dude. Just clean it off with soap & water & go ride!![^]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
it shouldnt mess up ur riding unless u lean so far that the sidewall of ur tires make contact with the road :D
Hey now, in all seriousness that happened to me like a month ago. I'm being 100% serious, lowsided going like 70mph. As for the tire goes, I did the same thing last week, just wash it off. It's sticky though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.