Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished restoring a 1988 ZX600 that hasn't run in 17 years. When I got it the tank was rusted out, carbs clogged/ frozen, transmission stuck in2nd gear. Here she is brought back to life. [:p]

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's cool. I like retro. Looks just like my wife's 250. How's the power compared to your 636? Does it pack any punch? Nice work...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice work!!!!!!!!!!! The bike looks like it is brand new. How many miles does it have? Did you do any cosmetic (body, paint, wheels, seat) restoration or was it always taken well care of?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power is pretty damn good for what it is, but there's now way to compare it to the 636. Believe it or not this bike has less than 2700 original miles on it.

I bought it from the 2nd owner. The 1st owner rode it for 1 month after he bought it then stored it for 12 years, (with a full tank of gas. The orig owner sold it to a guy he works with who told him all it needed was a new battery, & a current tab. The 2nd owner went out got a new battery, new tab for the plate & tried to start it. He ran the battery down of course got fed up & stored it for another 5 years before deciding to sell it.

I drained the tank, filled it with a couple fists full of nuts, shook the hell out of it, emtierd the nuts washed it out with detergent, put a blank off plate were the petcock & fuel switch holes were, then acid etched it. There are 2 real good kits you can choose from, either the KREEM, or the POR-15, both do an excellent job, (if you follow the directions & are patient).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good job [:M86]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.