Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm riding along, and out of no where this bird flies down from the right and boom... right into my chest... It scared the shit right out of me!
I slowed myself down and pulled off the road (I was on the twisties so there was no traffic), and got rid of the bird (he was kinda stuck in front of my tank, near the forks)....

Oh and yes, he was dead... my rock hard abs broke his little neck

and before someone asks, it was a sparrow (about the size of your fist)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hah.. I've always wondering what would happen if a bird hit me. Thats kinda funny though.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been hit in the neck by insects on the freeway, they actually sting a little bit. I don't know how people ride those speeds without a full-face helmet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow. is the bird old? im guessing bad vision. lol
I don't believe it was that old...
I've figured out why it is actually possible for this to happen as opposed to a car.
When you are in a car, the massive draft of air pull objects up and over the windshield. The birds also feel this and fly through the draft, thus avoiding hitting the windscreen (most of the time anyways). But on a motorcycle, the draft of air pulls objects over your windscreen and onto your helmet/body, and then the bird had no chance :p

Hahahah wow that sucks! Today I had a huge bee slam in to my chest and I wondered hmmm what if a bird hit me. Now I see this haha, was there any blood or guts on you?
Nope, no blood, thank god! He just broke his neck I think

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
A few months back ... Greenranger tagged one at about 80 mph when I was riding behind him ... All I saw was a BIG puff of feathers go everywhere and a bird go rainbowing into the ditch. Fortunately it did absolutely NO damage to him or his bike.

Edit: By riding behind him ... I meant on MY bike ... not riding bitch on his! Figured I better get that out there before the labia grapplers got ahold of it. :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
did it hurt at all? i always wondered what it would feel like to hit a bird i figured it would probably be like getting hit by a pitch in baseball/softball, noticable but no big thing

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took a crow to the chest at 55mph the second or third day I had ever been riding. It felt like getting hit with a baseball. I was surprised, I also had no blood or anything on my jacket from the bird, but it hit hard enough to be sore the next day or so. Weird.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
G

·
that sucks!
when I was a kid my dad was riding to work and a bird flew into the side of his engine and pretty much exploded - he had bird guts and feathers everywhere - totally nasty!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did it hurt at all? i always wondered what it would feel like to hit a bird i figured it would probably be like getting hit by a pitch in baseball/softball, noticable but no big thing
didn't hurt at the time, but now I have a little bruise (about an inch in diameter) and it does hurt a little bit

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
:needpics1:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
lol...thats pretty funny actually. i've always wondered about it too. i've never hit one but have had to dodge my helmet out of the way or i would have. that was some scary shit. i wonder what a cage would think seeing me dodging birds. i've been hit with big bugs before while riding and i could def feel them through my jacket kinda crazy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a small bird hit me in the shoulder once...it kind of got deflected off me and I lost track of where it went...I was doing like 70 so I'm pretty sure it died

1 - 20 of 23 Posts