Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this 85 this past friday. Nice bike overall, couldn't be less happy with it so far, except when I was too impatient to let it warm up and rode with the choke on and flooded the carbs. Here's some pics...

·
Registered
336 Posts
nice bike. i dont see any major scratches or dents. does it have any mods? are you thinking of putting any on it? to tell you the truth, i wouldnt have thought it was an 85.[:M6]

·
Registered
336 Posts
looks like a 250, but the 250 & 500 look almost exactly alike. (well to me they do)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very nice.

I just finished restoring an '86 basket case. Is a real nice bike. Perfect for my sis who wants a 600 but not something so throttle sensitive as my '01. These did not have a great top end, but you have to love the wide flat power band. Great for twisties, low end torque and smooth trottle response.

Looks great and real clean. Mine is just ok after a quick paint job. THat yosh pipe should be nice.

The airbox on these has to be the most restrictive I have seen. Just a small slot in the rear. May play with it as I have a jet kit.

Just ahve to finish up some adjustments on mine and it will be reaty to go. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by bkmster14
well that is good. how many cc's?
It is a ZX600R or GPz600r.

To the OP, you called it a GPz600R in your tag. Are you sure it is a GPz? I think the GPz designation was only in Europe (maybe they did that in Canada.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a ZX600A1...or Ninja 600R I have a yosh exhaust, K & N pods and a dynojet stage III. The only other mod I may do is sprockets. Thanks to everyone for the comps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It does look more new than 85. I just sold a 84 gpz900r ninja. I loved it but got tired of dumping money into it, had to buy a new one.
Here are some pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hope it's ok to resurrect an old thread like this (new here, can ya tell ;)

Hey! I just got a '95 ZX600 ninja C8! I'm finding it's a great bike to get back into riding with (12 year break there due to lack of cashola!). Great for the twisties here in the country.
Those were called ZZR600's in England, I think (at least mine was, not sure if the '85 had that designation too).
Nice to see the mods on it.. I'll be playing with mine over the winter too.. Keep us posted of anything you do to it?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.