Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the zx6r i bought on monday is finally running decent. it sat in a garage for over three years :( the guy bought it when it had 12 miles on it, put a full yoshi exhaust on it and wrecked it within 3 miles [:0]

the front plastics were broke, guage, stay etc... but he gave me all the parts to fix it included in the $3300 price :D i've never seen such a clean bike that was manufactered almost 5 years ago lol. anyways, the gas was bad, so we poured some new gas in it and a bunch of lucas to clean out the carbs and after a few runs down the road last night. it still idles pretty rough, but anything over 5k is fine now, and it's slowly getting better.

i have to say the zx6r has so much more pull on the bottom end than my r6, that bike was a dog until you got to about 8k, then it was like someone flipped a switch and hit the nitrous.(ignition advance, jet kit, slip on, filter). the new zx6 has pull all the way from 4-5k and it's so freakin smooth all the way up. it caught me a little off guard since i'm used to little torque in the lower rpm's last night lol... i'm sure it would have been a funny show to watch [:p]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ha! :D

Congratulations on getting it running. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's great, man! Good luck with the other 20%. If you love the bike now, imagine what she'll do after all the gunk is run out of her.:D Have you thought about pulling the carbs and rebuilding them? It might be worth it just to get any stubborn build-up out of there.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! If you need any help, let us know.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you thought about pulling the carbs and rebuilding them?
yeah i thought about it, when i was changing the plugs, then i thought i would give lucas a test and see how good that stuff actually is. (also a result of me being lazy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.