Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got popped for speeding, (70 mpph in 45 zone), had no license, registration, insurance.

at least the cop didn't put down the wheelie:(

·
Registered
107 Posts
So what happens now? Do you have to go to court? How do you get your bike back? How much $$$ are your fines? Do I ask too many questions? [:M13]
What bike do (did) you have? [:M121]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sounds like the only thing missing is the DUI charge...or did he not smell your breath? Have to go with drezx6r on this one.
Some people never learn...[:M70]

·
Registered
618 Posts
The lack of documentation is no problem, if you have it and just forgot it. You'll get nailed on the speeding for sure, that's reckless isn't it? If so, you'll have to go to court.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by sportsbikekid

I guess all of y'all are innocent of doing some squidly type shyt huh?
No, Im sure all of us do squidly stuff from time to time, but riding with no license, insurance, registration, and to top of off speeding and wheelieing, thats a new level of squidly.

sun4i, I hope you mean you just left it at home, not that you don't have any of that stuff at all..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
can you leave the dealership without insurance and registration? not if its new.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have been pulled over twice without having my motorcycle permit and I just gave them my driver license # and everything was cool. Thats why I made that comment.

Usually if your bike is towed it means your in bad shape!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Auturo, "technically" you can but it without insurance if you purchase it through the Kawasaki good times plan because it's considered a credit card purchase. Also I think (not sure here) that if the financed price is under $10,000, you don't have to carry full coverage either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you are right mred about if its over 10,000 you have to get full coverage. i remember when i bought my bike the insurance lady walked over to the sales guys desk that i was sitting at and specifically asked if my bike was over or under the 10g mark and if it was she said i needed the full.

what blows my mind and i dont know if its like this anywhere else, but how do they let you buy a bike without a permit or a bike license and drive it right off the showroom floor. i didnt have either and they didnt think twice of it. you cant do that with a car. can anyone explain the logic behind this.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think an added comment like " I left my wallet at home with my liscence, reg, and insurance." would have been better if that were the case. If not the case I just don't get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.