Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also I think the first thing I want to do is get a Black Tinted windscreen. Where is the best place to get lil things like this and how much $$ am I looking at for this windscreen?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
the side fairing doesnt have to come off, but it will be much neater if you do. check out the "how-to" section.

for the tinted screen i have the one form LP and cost me $54. they also have speedscreens and double bouble and i heard those are great for tucking in at high speeds. the one i have is the same as stock...not that much help.

welcome to the board!:D

"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Arturo is right, take off the side fairing(only one side) and you're oil changes will be easier and less messy. If you are really into cars like you say, then working on your bike shouldn't be a problem, especially with a great resource to consult like this forum:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a 2002 Zx6r. I love it!! I just hope I don't have any problems. Just turned 1800 miles. Does the fairing have to come off to change the oil?? I never worked on a bike. I very much into cars so am I going to have any problems or is this really simple? Any help or input on any aspect of riding would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!!

Team Green!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Info. guys! I just got back from my buddies shop and he told me $60 for a LP SpeedScreen V2 Double Bubble. Sound like a ok deal? I really enjoyed the last 2 days!!

Can anyone give me any more info on my bike or tell me where to find it. Specs that are not in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. Seems like everyone here is nice. I don't have my '03 ZX-6R yet:(. I have to get rid of my ex500 which by the way was a good starter bike. I had it for about a year and a half and next month on my 26th b-day I will be giving myself a new bike. Any suggestions on which color looks good? Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Johnny77,
I just got a red one. It looks sweet with the black tank protector on it. The black looks really hot too. I like the way the brass colored forks look with the black. I would have gotten the blue but I wish the Kawasaki on the tank was black and not white. But, hey they are all awesome. Stand back look at them and get the one that gets you humpin.[8D]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Mike0, I guess I'll go with the red one since I've been keeping my eye on it. I gotta say that the black one looks good but the red one is more attractive. I am glad to say that on the 30th of next month I will be leaving the dealership with a new bike, I guess good things come for those who wait. So tell me how does it handle? Was it even more than what you expected? I am curious but I know that pretty soon I am gonna find out on my own.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is awesome Johnny! I took it through a pass and down the canyon and back up and over again. I can't believe the way it turns. You think it and it does it. The speed and response was right there all the time. You are going to love it man. I'm excited for you. It was the first time I got to take it through the canyon last weekend. It will be all you are dreaming of I'm sure. [:p]

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is awesome Johnny! I took it through a pass and down the canyon and back up and over again. I can't believe the way it turns. You think it and it does it. The speed and response was right there all the time. You are going to love it man. I'm excited for you. It was the first time I got to take it through the canyon last weekend. It will be all you are dreaming of I'm sure. [:p]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man thanks Mikeo, so where are you from? I am from California, fresno to be exact, it's alright we got the mountains outhere to carve and there are a lot of open roads as well to open a full throtle I can't wait to get the bike, you are so lucky to have it already. By the way I had been laggin for about half a year for my license and I finally took the skill test yesterday and I passed. Well take care man and ride safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.