Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup...damn...didn't think it would come in until the end of the month at least...but low and behold a shipment came in to my dealer and here it is! Wow...awesome look and sound...took it out for a spin and feels awesome...and DJ was right on the weight...damn thing is light compared to the stock exhaust...

DJ...did you get me email?? I'm wondering about the 3rd spring that came with it...don't have it on the pipe because there is nowhere to hook it to... Hopefully I did the right thing :) I mean, I got it up to 159 or something like that and it's still running :)

Oh well here is the pic...excuse the darkness...it was taken at night--couldn't wait until the morning to share with my fellow Kawi riders :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh damn...think I did something wrong when looking at Dj...you mounted the bracket backwards....hmmmmm thought I read about that somewhere on Akro's site??? Damn...thanks DJ.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey guamaniac,

sure enjoyed riding with you today. love the way the bike sounds. was wanting the same exaust for mine but guess i will have to get something else now. can be the same same (bad enough we have the same bike).

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Guam, looks beautiful... I think I have the bracket on the inside, yours looks to be on the outside of the footpeg / mount... yours looks right, I'm going to be switching mine your way...

Is that the ti link pipe or the stainless ??? Isn't it UNREAL the weight difference ??? Ya gotta use two hands to hold the friggin' stocker huh? GREAT choice in pipes bro... enjoy.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Love the CF pipe. Your bike's lookin good! [:p]

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by Guamaniac

Thanks everybody...it's a slip-on.
who'd you order it through (did you say you got it through your dealer)? You wouldn't happen to have the part number would you?

-------------

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Part numbers from Akrapovic for the slip on line are:

CARBON FIBER CAN / STAINLESS LINK - S-K6S01-C
CARBON FIBER CAN / TITANIUM LINK - S-K6S01T-C
TITANIUM CAN / STAINLESS LINK - S-K6S01-T
TITANIUM CAN / TITANIUM LINK - S-K6S01T-T

Check out www.akrapovic-exhaust.com

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
119 Posts
sweet, thanks dj.

you guys know what kinda price I'd be lookin at for a slip-on? I'm guessing in the $500's [?]

-------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.