Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after about 20 min of riding the same corners and some really hot tires i hit the grass with my knee did not want to push it on the pavment i don't have sliders yet looks like thats what i'll be getting this week

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
You hit the what???

Be carefull that you dont hit that stuff with the rubber or you will be needing sliders for your butt!

Congrats. Now as some of the other board members would say:
Go to the track!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
That's the problem with you guys. You always tell people to go do a track day, but lots of people don't have one even remotely near them. The closest track to me, that I know of, is Mid-Ohio, and I'm not driving for three friggin' hours just to get on a track. If I'm going to haul my bike anywhere to ride, it'll be Deal's Gap again[:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Tommy, you might find that 3 hours of riding to the track is a BARGAIN for the fun factor you're gonna get for the track day. I know lots of people that do it regularly without a sniff. Might not be for EVERYBODY, but most people I know who do 'em wanna go back again ASAP so they don't lose that big sh*t-eating grin they have glued to their face when the day's done... ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Once you go track you never go back :D Err I mean you do go back and back again and before you know it you're worse than a crack-head. I think a crack addiction would be cheaper

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Tommy, you might find that 3 hours of riding to the track is a BARGAIN for the fun factor you're gonna get for the track day. I know lots of people that do it regularly without a sniff. Might not be for EVERYBODY, but most people I know who do 'em wanna go back again ASAP so they don't lose that big sh*t-eating grin they have glued to their face when the day's done... ;)
So true DJ. It's a +300 km (~190 miles) trip from my home to the best and longest track (Motopark Raceway) that we have here in Finland and I do that trip as often as I can. Even if the distance would be double, I'd still go for it. I was there 3 times (two days each time) this summer (until I crashed my bike there :() + 1 time on a track that is much longer away from my home + 10-15 times on other tracks that are more near from my home.

TommyV, if you have never been on a trackday, you really don't know what you are missing. I remember two and a half years ago when I had just gotten my motorcycle driving license and I attended a trackday for the first time in my life. I was totally hooked immediately.

Well, to be honest, at the first set I was a bit scared and I thought that this is not my thing. After that I relaxed a bit, and there was no turning back anymore...

Usually you can lean the bike more at the worst corner of a racetrack, than in the best corner you can find from the public roads.

Trackdays, better than sex? Definately [:p]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by EricLA

Once you go track you never go back :D Err I mean you do go back and back again and before you know it you're worse than a crack-head. I think a crack addiction would be cheaper
Yep, it might be :). After this track-addiction, I have not had any problems to solve where to spend my money. All of it is going to trackday tickets, Rensport tyres, gas etc. [:p]

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by _6R_

Hahhahaa, I won't argue with that one.

I wonder if all those people who rated sex higher in that one thread some ways back, I wonder if they had ever been to the track:D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by RedFinn

I wonder if all those people who rated sex higher in that one thread some ways back, I wonder if they had ever been to the track:D
Me too. Or maybe we are both virgins :D

But seriously, there is nothing that I have done, that I would consider more fun than riding a nice sportbike on a fast sweeping track (such as Motopark Raceway) on a warm sunny day with a bunch of good friends.

I have no bike now, the winter is coming and it almost makes me sad when I think about the trackdays at Motopark back in July :(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
But seriously, there is nothing that I have done, that I would consider more fun than riding a nice sportbike on a fast sweeping track (such as Motopark Raceway) on a warm sunny day with a bunch of good friends.
Well said...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by RedFinn

I think that if you guys would be without sex the next six months, you would rate it as high as the track thing ;), go head and try, I don't want to be a guinea pig on this subject.

Or maybe it's better to have the sex thing ([:M43]) out of the way in winter months and focus on track riding ([:M121]) in summer time. Though it's hard to keep focused with all the lighty clad ladies around [:p]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by Routa

I think that if you guys would be without sex the next six months, you would rate it as high as the track thing ;)
Well, atleast if after that six months, Jennifer Lopez, Natalie Portman, Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie would insist having dirty group sex with me, I could consider skipping a trackday [:p]

Heh... Is it really tuesday? Seems that my mind is on friday already. And this is getting a "little" oftopic anyway :)

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I heard that englishtown raceway in New Jersey has a track now. Is this true? are there any Jersey boys or gals around that could confirm this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
track days all the way.. i would never think of trying to get my knee down on public roads due to the crap that on the roads here so give me easter creek raceway anyday :) but once u drag that knee it becomes an addition... at least for me it did.. i now do on average one track day a month to get my speed fix

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by Cerberus

track days all the way.. i would never think of trying to get my knee down on public roads due to the crap that on the roads here so give me easter creek raceway anyday :)
Nowadays I occasionally get my knee down just for laughs on public roads too... unfortunately non blind corners that are suitable for that stuff are few and far between. Great fun anyway :)

BTW, I can hardly fault Pirelli Diablos grip when they allow for knee down stupidity on public roads even when temperature is far from ideal (only + 10 C), very nice and confidence inspiring tyres indeed ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the closest track to me is near the georga line in a track called jennings we already have a day planed for next month i hope i don't like it too much (i know that i will) this is going to get pricy i'm going to by stock in a tire company right now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.