Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals), I just got new gear!:) I got the red/black Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 jacket off newenough.com for $79 + shipping. Got my Shoei RF900 off ebay for $175 + shipping. It had been worn a couple times but I can't tell - it is sweet!

If any of you were considering either of these items, I recommend them both. Especially the helmet. I normally don't like helmets, but I actually want to wear it since I got this one.

Wearing that jacket is just like wearing a t-shirt, tank top, or whatever else you have on under it! The breeze goes right through it and it's very comfortable.

Hopefully this will help any of you that are planning to buy some new gear.

·
Registered
443 Posts
"I normally don't like helmets, but I actually want to wear it since I got this one."
You don't wear a helmet when you ride? No helmet law where you are?
That's insane.

·
Registered
239 Posts
sounds like you got a really good deal on all of your stuff. how does newenough.com work, is it flawed new stuff or actual used gear?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most of new enough's stuff is new, unflawed gear. the closeouts are last year's model or something discontinued or just a color that isn't as popular. For example, I got this year's Phoenix jacket in red b/c it was on sale or closeout and my bike was red. the black one (that I originally wanted) was not on sale. The sell some used stuff, but most of it is just the same as you would get at your dealer but at a much better price.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't say i don't wear a helmet, I said I normally don't like helmets. What is there to like about not being able to hear, not being able to see as well, getting hot, and having the wind buffet your head at high speeds (rf200 did this, rf900 does not)?

·
Registered
298 Posts
One thing I never understood is the no-helmet argument (notice I say "no-helmet", and not "anti-helmet"...I'm not referring to those angry militants who want the gov't out of our lives...:D)...

But people will say that they can hear and see better without a helmet. Makes no sense, whatsoever. Wind noise can easily reach over 120db. And at speed, eyes tend to water (our bodies' natural mechanism to keep the eyeballs lubricated).

So, how can anyone argue that they can hear and see better without a helmet? I just don't understand.

[FYI, I wear a helmet no matter how hot it gets outside. However, I have ridden my bike up and down my street (just in front of my house, basically) without a helmet. It's usually right after I change the oil, and I want to make sure that the bike is running fine, etc. So, I do have some experience with no helmet. Just not at highway speeds, where I'm sure it only gets harder to hear and see.]

inca jones

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check the new thread I started about helmets inca. however, if you've never ridden much without a helmet, you might still not understand.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Last year I did not ride with a helmet unless on the highway and now i dont get on the bike wihtout my helmet on. There is no way you can see better without a helmet than with one. Even at slow speeds the wind bothers the eyes and alters vision.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you ride without a helmet, you wear glasses or protective shields. Since Wisconsin does not have a helmet law for licensed drivers, there is a very large selection available of glasses made just for motorcycling. But yes, if you rode with no eye protection at all (which is illegal here) you would not be able to see very well:). What you lose with a helmet is some peripheral vision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.