Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i dont want to get flamed for this..Today i received my sprockets in the mail Vortex -1, Sprocket Specialties +4 rear. Put them on realize the chains a tad too little.SOB...run to town about 30 mils away buy a semi-cheap one $50? hoping it would get me buy for another week until payday. Well..got it 2 links bigger than stock 108 link..everything was great..tightness was good..got it on and 6 miles down the road i slow down to a stop and get going about i dunno speedos off now around 6k in 1st (really slow now) and hit it and it power wheelies like no other now but i go to shift down into 2nd hard and WEEEENNNN...WTF?!? "hm..must have missed a gear" try it again nope..look down and a foot long piece of my chain is sliding on the highway passing me..sweeeeet pull over me and my buddy Gay-Ride back into town get a trailer bring it back and im lucky tho it just tore up the sprocket like gouged it pretty bad but no broken case or antyhing..scratched bottom/side of soloseat a tad big but not a big deall..so..went BACK to town 30 miles away and bought a EK X-Ring 130 link chain that is friggen huge..throw that on and no problems since=)!! BTW, a -1,++4 makes a huge diffrence waayyyy more streetable..no lugging in gear from going to slow alot torquer just a quick qustion for all..would my bike now be better in 1\4 mile than it used to be? Just load a full tank of gas and lay on the tank and hope it dosent come up? Thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I thought the stock chain was 110 link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.