Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got pulled over last night with 2 of my friends we werent even doing anything sitting at a light waiting for it to change to green turned green signaled to get over to go into mcdonalds looked in my mirror there he was got over to the next lane there went the lights any way eh ran my plates before he pulled me over seen that i had no license got my permit thought and ir was dark out so all i got was a warning but we werent even doing anything but he was cool about it he said that he has a bike too. all he said is that i wasnt supose to be riding when it was dark i thought it was after 10 pm but it wasnt but he was really cool about it had my g/f on the back also in all ppl do get breaks

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
that was a long sentence. so, what did he actually pull you over for, and why can't you ride after dark?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he pulled it up in the system and it didnt come back that i had my m license i guess but i have my permit and illinois state law i guess on having ur permit is that u cant ride after it gets dark out side i guess thats just what he told me is im not supose to ride after its dark but that aint going to keep me off my bike i love riding my bike[8D]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my bad, never really did that good with sentences and that in school. sry i got pulled over and got a warning for riding after dark. me having my permit i am not supose to ride after it gets dark outside. from what he told me.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
sounds like maybe english is your second language, right? lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vegaspimp why should have impounded my bike my friend that i was with has his license. so i dont see why u say he should have impounded my bike for. i plan on getting my license in two weeks, im going out of town this weekend the weekend after that i plan on going to take the test to get it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wouldnt think that would be a allowable reason for a cop to pull you over...How does he know it was you riding it? Could have been someone with a license riding your bike...
Sounds like there is something more to this...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by cory1848
I wouldnt think that would be a allowable reason for a cop to pull you over...How does he know it was you riding it? Could have been someone with a license riding your bike...
Sounds like there is something more to this...
No, that is probable cause right there...that's all he needs to pull you over and check things out.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by Kalvin00

No, that is probable cause right there...that's all he needs to pull you over and check things out.
Yep [:M58]

Oh, and FLOJOE, I laughed my ass off! (Use some punctuation please!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i figured that he ran the plates and seen that it came back that i didnt have my m license so thats why he pulled me over. but he said he was happy to see that i have my permit

·
Registered
289 Posts
lol,lol,lol hahah, damn, now that's some good shit... So, lets get the record straight. You had a permit, and you were ridding with a passenger. I dont think thats legal at all... as well as the ridding after dark... At least in Cali..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I had a girl on the back of my bike in L.A. I was doing 119mph. Cop pulled me over, laughed at me, checked my license and insurance, then told me too slow down. And, I've been let out of 2 wheelie tickets, which woulda been reckless, as they were 90+mph stand ups. Be coo to the Police, and you never know.................

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i just got pulled over last week while in a wheelie and the cop let me go. before he even checked my license he said just cause you didnt run im gonna give you a break and he thanked me and complimented my wheelie then he looked at my license and handed it back to me and he let me go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got pulled over with a buddy on some twisties in Mass. 78 in a 35, topping a hill on a left hander marked at 20mph. Right at that spot a rider was smoked by a car pullin out the week before. Needless to say we both got tickets, but he knocked it to 10 mi over the limit for not running. He did thank us for that and of which I replied that I would never want to put any officer in danger attempting to catch up with me.
$100 speeding ticket, but that day was priceless.:D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by keithk76
i just got pulled over last week while in a wheelie and the cop let me go. before he even checked my license he said just cause you didnt run im gonna give you a break and he thanked me and complimented my wheelie then he looked at my license and handed it back to me and he let me go.

Thats funny, cause that was basically the same thing that happened to me on one of the wheelies. He complimented me, and thanked me for not running

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah, i was taking a left turn with my buddy, and hes got a D&D on his F4i, was pretty loud. cop was at the gas station in the corner, and was pulling out as we made the turn, he pulled me over down the street saying i was taking that turn too fast and was endangering other motorists etc, and that i supposedly had one wheel off the ground (while taking a left turn, man i'm skilled )

he threatened to tow my bike and told me it was a good choice not running because he had a helicopter just waiting for a biker to make his day (had to roll my eyes at that one), but as soon as he pulled me over, i was real apologetic, didnt argue (even though i didnt do anything wrong) and agreed that i would drive safer. after checking out my license, insurance and as everything was in order (and threatening me again about towing) he decided to let me off with a warning.;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.